Newbie Pipe ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Tello

I am new to the hobby and need some info here. I will be purchasing a NR Sheep21 outboard early Aug. Question: Should I go with the NR manifold and pipe or go with a Gadget carbon fiber pipe. If I go with Gadget will it fit the NR manifold. I dont want to do anything twice here during build. Thanks for your attention.. Tony

Tim, What is the white part covering pipe to manifold with ty raps? I am learnig here driving eveybody crazy with questions.

Hi Tony,

It's a silicone coupler. Generally thats how most boaters attach tuned pipes to headers. Oh and by the way, that pipe is not properly mounted yet. The silicone coupler is not sufficient to hold the pipe on it's own. It was just a pic I had handy.

The coupler (just a high temp silicone tube) also allows you to adjust the pipe length to make peak power. Generally shortening the pipe will give higher revs and less torque. Lengthening will do the opposite.

Brian

Latest posts

Back