New Top Speed 3

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha Ha, Looked at the manual at least twice as many times! =) There just always seems to be something missing...that one thing that will take a week to get...

Looks like I'll need a Futaba HD switch...It is not listed...but is included with the suggested radio systems.

The TS3 should be at the LHS tomorrow..and with some luck the O.S. 21XM will get here Friday...hopefully get it wet this weekend!

Ha Ha, Looked at the manual at least twice as many times! =) There just always seems to be something missing...that one thing that will take a week to get...

Looks like I'll need a Futaba HD switch...It is not listed...but is included with the suggested radio systems.

The TS3 should be at the LHS tomorrow..and with some luck the O.S. 21XM will get here Friday...hopefully get it wet this weekend!
HD switch is not needed. On/off switch that comes with the radio will work fine.

JD

Had some luck today...picked up the TS-3 from the LHS and UPS delivered the O.S. 21XM! Everything in both packages was perfect to boot!

As of now I have built the stand as suggested in the instructions ... all eight holes have been drilled ...and the outdrive, and fuel tank mount have been installed. I have also installed all of the boots for the radio box, and am waiting for the aquarium silicone sealant (which I installed to all of the inside corners of the radio box) to dry. I have installed the servos and a Futaba SWH-12 switch to the "floorboard" of the radio box which will be installed when that silicone sets up. So the only thing that needs to be done is install the control linkages.

I ended up using an Aquacraft SX-100 servo for throttle (same as the Futaba 3003 I suspect) and a Hitec 645Mg which I had laying around.

I have had a few thoughts about the radio box: 1) I may install some wood blocks and blind nuts to make the servo tray removable, 2) As stated on page 14 of the instructions... ((although not necessary, we recommend tack gluing the radio box into the boat with a few small dabs of (glue)) I am thinking of some way to secure the radio box without gluing it in, and 3) Does anyone have any thoughts about beefing up the control linkages?

I am not saying anything is wrong with things as they are, just thinking outside the box. As a matter of fact, I must commend everyone who helped create the TS-3 and the very thorough instructions!

P.S. Is there any flotaion foam under the deck?

Regards, Tim

Tim The TS3 should float just fine with no need for any extra flotation just make sure to pull the drain plugs if water gets in the hull... As far as the steering it should be plenty beefy to strip servo gears on a good hit, but like Alden says better to bend a pushrod then wreck a servo...

Had some luck today...picked up the TS-3 from the LHS and UPS delivered the O.S. 21XM! Everything in both packages was perfect to boot!

As of now I have built the stand as suggested in the instructions ... all eight holes have been drilled ...and the outdrive, and fuel tank mount have been installed. I have also installed all of the boots for the radio box, and am waiting for the aquarium silicone sealant (which I installed to all of the inside corners of the radio box) to dry. I have installed the servos and a Futaba SWH-12 switch to the "floorboard" of the radio box which will be installed when that silicone sets up. So the only thing that needs to be done is install the control linkages.

I ended up using an Aquacraft SX-100 servo for throttle (same as the Futaba 3003 I suspect) and a Hitec 645Mg which I had laying around.

I have had a few thoughts about the radio box: 1) I may install some wood blocks and blind nuts to make the servo tray removable, 2) As stated on page 14 of the instructions... ((although not necessary, we recommend tack gluing the radio box into the boat with a few small dabs of (glue)) I am thinking of some way to secure the radio box without gluing it in, and 3) Does anyone have any thoughts about beefing up the control linkages?

I am not saying anything is wrong with things as they are, just thinking outside the box. As a matter of fact, I must commend everyone who helped create the TS-3 and the very thorough instructions!

P.S. Is there any flotaion foam under the deck?

Regards, Tim
Yep.. its got flotation.. and Thank you!

Grim

Grim, you were correct about those O-Rings...fist one lasted 11 hours...
I really hope that Aquacraft are going to correct this and include better O-Rings in future kits, its really not a big deal but quality should be better than that.

Andreas

tim,,, a solution to the (glueing of the radio box) is you could use silicone to secure the radio box to the hull....it works great and you would still be able to remove the box...

ac...

Ran the 3 for the first time this morning.

It handles great.

Goes where you point it and runs extremeley stable.

Mine is setup per the manual.

No suprises, just another great product from Grimracer and Aquacraft.

jack

Question for Grim

Is it possible to download the setupmanual for the TS3, I would like to see if I can still learn from it.

Thanks.

Regards Marc

put some video up on youtube of this beast in action!!!! Sorry about the quality and chasing the setup a bit also.... Hope to have a good running hull tomorrow after some more testing!!!!! Here be the vids, enjoy!!!! Last run I almost have her she is running real strong and fast

Last edited by a moderator:
Back