New to Scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heartbeat

New to scale, Just bought a used 1/8 Miller American, I am trying to find good pictures of the hull and hardware. Also can anybody tell me why the rudder is on the left of the prop?

Thanks Mike

The reason the rudder is on the left is because it helps to fight propwalk, where the boat naturally wants to go left because of the rotation of the prop. It is also located there to help steering, uses less torque to turn the boat to the right with the rudder on the left side. To find good pics go to www.rcunlimiteds.com, the Northwest guys can help you find what you need

Actually the left rudder placement helps keep the right sponson planted better. The scale hulls have more mass than say an outrigger & that mass combined with the centrifical forces exerted on the hull in a corner will try to lift the right sponson. Action that occurs at the rear of the boat will have a leverage affect on the opposite side up front. Easy way to see this is lift one of the front sponsons & see what side goes down in the rear. :)

There are 3 shades of red on that boat. That was the first scale I built. I'll look for the color codes to see if I still have them, it's been a while. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back