New Rigger For 2014

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gary Murcott

My new rigger is for gas, electric or nitro I am building this one for gas with a rear exhaust 26 J & G in these pic s this is the mock up. By the end of Feb I will have one out of the mold in carbon fiber and a finished one for open water testing in Apr. this has been quite a different build I hope I got it right Comments welcome

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Clean build!!, cool design!...I'm no expert or anything but by the shape of the top part of the front sponsons and hull it looks like it may experience some lift.."Wing affect", will the front end be adjustable to change the AOA, will you be going with fiberglass tubes and booms.

Good luck!..keep us in the loop of her progresion with pictures and take some video of her running to share with us.

Clean build!!, cool design!...I'm no expert or anything but by the shape of the top part of the front sponsons and hull it looks like it may experience some lift.."Wing affect", will the front end be adjustable to change the AOA, will you be going with fiberglass tubes and booms.

Good luck!..keep us in the loop of her progresion with pictures and take some video of her running to share with us.
Thanks for your response the two arms that support the front sponson tube will be carbon fiber and you will be able to adj. the aoa and yes the tub will be carbor fiber the tubes will be t 6

Some progress on my new rigger I have finished the bottom of the mold and starting the top to day will have the mold finished this week lots of time to get a boat ready for open water .

Keep up the good work Gary !!

x51kkw.jpg

The mold is finished all is good I will start to get it ready to-day should have the carbon tub by Thursday and then the build will start

decals 001.jpg

Allan the tub is 37 inches long 6" wide and 4 " at the highest point even though the tub is short with the foward sponsons I have 28 " of after plane and sorry to say no plans to sell as the boat has not been run this is a totally different design so who knows how it will work out thanks for your interest

Last edited:
very intriguing mold-making process. You're using fibreglass mat, and adding what looks like black pigment? Are you using vacuum-bagging as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
very intriguing mold-making process. You're using fibreglass mat, and adding what looks like black pigment? Are you using vacuum-bagging as well?
Hand layed pigment in the last layer of mat just for looks

Last edited:
Gary,

My first gas rigger looked like this. I used an actual airfoil and set the center of lift at the rigger CG. sponsons were built with as little lift as possible. First run it did 80 mph with a stock Quick Draw and a mod V967.

Good Luck,

Albert

DSC00008.zip

DSC00007.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00008.zip
    150.3 KB · Views: 47
Thanks for the pic my tub has lift from the cg point much the same as yours the boat is in the mold I will post some new pics soon

Gary

Just an up date on my build this is the first one out of the mold all carbon fiber came in at 1 1/2 pounds for the tub every day it starts to look better this has been a fun build looking forward to the finish and open water

Back