New OS High Performance .21 Inbord

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an O-ring on the cap and a matching groove cut into the plug access bore so that you can just pull it off to crank it and pop it back on and go.

Last edited by a moderator:
My eyes have been "burnin'" holes in this motor for a couple weeks now :ph34r:

For usin' it on a TT lower,,but Gawd, $350!!!! Sorta put the brakes on.

i would love to know if they go , as its fitted with the 10 mm carb and is claimed to make 2.9 hp.

will it compete with the rossi's ?? time will tell.

Jason

I just got a tower catalogue that had the car version listed at 299 on special.........

10mm carb seems a bit large - I could never get anything larger than 9mm to work consistently on 21's.

This would be something to take a closer look at……..definitely more BHP than one of the Handy-Dandy Sandy Clown Engines that don’t exist yet. It’s been my experience that O.S. just like CMB and Novarossi are some of the few who don’t fudge their brake HP numbers like so many other imitations. Not some large sales force behind OS…those motors sell themselves. :)

Oh yea...being an OS...parts would be available through your LHS.

It’s been my experience that O.S. just like CMB and Novarossi are some of the few who don’t fudge their brake HP numbers like so many other imitations.
Last time I talked to Marty Davis, he told me about 3 HP was all he could get from a moddifed .21 and 70% nitro. I know Marty/ Akerman and the crew worked hard on those .21 engines. So what gives?? Only 3 HP??

2.9 HP from a stock O.S. MAX on 30%??? Really??

I ran one all summer it is a very good engine. Have over 3 gallons of fuel through it and still running strong. Several have disassembled and found it to be very impressive after 3 gallons of fuel. Was in the top 5 in heat racing at the Nats until I had one DNF which put me out of US-1 because of dumb fingers :)

Runs very well on the Andy Brown short pipe.

Have fun!

Rw

The biggest problem I have with the engine is remembering to plug the water cooled cap into the head. Nice running engine. Will flood easily with the big carb. But, idles very well and has good transition from low to full throttle.

JD

marty davis' best dyno numbers (according to his own tech notes) are 3.21hp and 110 torque. this was in 1998. if you search on the internet you can actually find a couple of dyno pulls of the vz-b (reprinted from industry mags)and they are all within about 10% of each other

oh yeah, it was with a nova ls and 65% nitro

I ran one all summer it is a very good engine. Have over 3 gallons of fuel through it and still running strong. Several have disassembled and found it to be very impressive after 3 gallons of fuel. Was in the top 5 in heat racing at the Nats until I had one DNF which put me out of US-1 because of dumb fingers :)

Runs very well on the Andy Brown short pipe.

Have fun!

Rw
Sheesh Russ, I Wish You Hadn't Said That,, Now I'm Lookin' At It Again :ph34r:

I can't use it on a OB lower (Thunder Tiger) ,that was my original intention. I

would have to have the crank pin "counter bored" (as KB called it) and I just

couldn't do that to such an expensive motor,,if something was to come apart

while running it would destroy that Beautiful motor and I just couldn't take that :(

But I am workin' on a Sport 20 shovel :rolleyes: No,,let me clearify that,,I'm talking

about working on my Sport 20 Shovel :lol:

Jerry brian nelsen is working on an outboard kit for them

to fit a lawless lower unit

the engine is a very nice unit i picked some up at a great price au$325

but they all went very quicklly

a guy in our club is running one looks impresive so far
BRIAN MADE "REVERSE" CRANK FOR THAT MOTOR!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Theres No Limit to What These

Guys Can Do :huh:

All I needed was a "crank pin" to turn the PTO on the TT Lower,,sheesh,,reverse crank.

By the looks of the crank in the picture its a "inboard crank", so thats not the kit that Brian made.

Sorry I got confused, happens allot :unsure:

Back