NEW NITRO PIPES FROM CMB

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart Barr

Supporting Member
Recently I received a new style 45 nitro pipe from CMB. This is the first pipe that I have seen that has exceeded the performance of the old AB Parabolic pipe. After the first time I ran this pipe, I sold all of my parabolics. This new pipe has a better torque range and higher rpm. I have a limited quantity of these in stock now. Also, I have the same configuration 21 nitro pipe that my customers are telling me similar results. Prices are $71.00 for the the 45 pipe and $56.00 for the 21 pipe. Both of these pipes are straight nitro pipes and will require a stinger muffler. Sorry, I don't stock these mufflers and I don't have pictures of the pipes. Best call me at 317-462-9978 if you want one.

Stu Barr

Recently I received a new style 45 nitro pipe from CMB. This is the first pipe that I have seen that has exceeded the performance of the old AB Parabolic pipe. After the first time I ran this pipe, I sold all of my parabolics. This new pipe has a better torque range and higher rpm. I have a limited quantity of these in stock now. Also, I have the same configuration 21 nitro pipe that my customers are telling me similar results. Prices are $71.00 for the the 45 pipe and $56.00 for the 21 pipe. Both of these pipes are straight nitro pipes and will require a stinger muffler. Sorry, I don't stock these mufflers and I don't have pictures of the pipes. Best call me at 317-462-9978 if you want one.

Stu Barr
Stuart, Do happen to know what the outlet dia is on the 45 and 21 ?

And are the pipes aluminum?

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Stu,

I know you are running the CMB 45RS. What are the other guys running as their engines that have had good success with the new pipe? Most interested in results with the Picco 45 blackhead or the new bluehead.

John

Stu,

I know you are running the CMB 45RS. What are the other guys running as their engines that have had good success with the new pipe? Most interested in results with the Picco 45 blackhead or the new bluehead.

John
John,

These pipes are so new that the Piccos have not seen them yet. Today, I had such a wonderful response on these pipes that I am about out. Plan to get alot more this next order. I hope people do not over look the new 21 pipe, same performance.

Stu

Ill speak for the 21 pipe, If you own a brown parabolic or a ops 3280 put them on ebay and buy this pipe, There is no other option for a 21.

Ill speak for the 21 pipe, If you own a brown parabolic or a ops 3280 put them on ebay and buy this pipe, There is no other option for a 21.

Tommy,

Can you post a pic of the 21 pipe for us to see?

If anyone has one of the 45 and can post it that would be helpful as well.

3000' alt 65% nitro, roadrunner 21 std, 1445E Mark S prop 3.7" of pitch, thats up from 3.6" max I had with a 3280, rpm has improved by 1100rpm, for a total of 31200 down the straight. (rpm resolution is provided by nomadio react tach sensor, they can be + - 200 rpm)

info on the motor

mac profile

30* blowdown on the nose.

184* exh

9:1 CR

.007 squish

os 20J modified with inflight needle

Tommy,

Thanks much for the pics, they are fine. My concern is how will it be with a NovaRossi since so much has to be cut off? I am most interested in any reports with a NovaRossi and a Picco 45 Blackhead in riggers. That are my boat configurations.

I ran my 35 plus nova on one of these pipe's, they can be cut plenty short enough!

Yes, that's true, I have a original AB nitro pipe from when he first had them made, no one wanted them though, they were thought to be "basic" pipes.

These pipe's are not new,

Hobbysupplies in Australia has had them for about year now,

they are the AB nitro pipes cmb use to make for Andy years ago,

after the split cmb sell them as cmb pipes

have a look

http://www.hobbysupplies.com.au/CMB%20Pipes.htm

i seen people run these pipes for awhile now...
The Pipes on that page that are listed as new are the .21 and .45 pipe's. I have a .45 pipe still new in the bag I could take a pic of in anyone would be intrested. I also have a Parabolic and a AB45XT I could put in the pic for comparison. I hope to be trying this new pipe some time real soon on a CMB45HR.

Paul

Boaters,

They are very similar to a 3280 OPS pipe and they work

very well, just need a muffler added to the end or an

inverted stinger to .290" I.D.

Chris,

So how did the pipe work on your Nova Rossi 21?

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

Email is: [email protected]

crapshooter 45(2008, new boat this year 2nd time on the water, first time since rebuild after being run over) cmb rs 45, 1657 barr cut, cmb nitro pipe, with one of my stinger mufflers,9 5/8 long, 55% byrons fuel, 79 to 80. with 60%+15% oil home fuel, ran 81.6. runs about 9 mph faster than a 1457. with the 1457, its wo on launch, with the 1657,it takes to buoy one or so, and doesn't snap on the pipe quite as quick, when running 1/2 throttle for a lap

Back