New NAMBA scale hydroplane 2-lap record!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey CokeaColaGuy,Why is it that my mind snapped to Myer's Dark Jamaican rum when I wrote that - Har, Har !!!

What makes that time even more outstanding is the fact that it was done with a modern style hull, with all that drag hanging on the hull. From the one pic here of the engine being measured - it is a very nice looking Scale boat.

Again, Congratulations, guys.

Lohring,

The no tail feather, cleaner cowl is very popular with Scale boaters everywhere. After you receive 6th place points for items falling off a boat a couple of times - you learn to choose a hull without. I can't tell you how many dummy engines I have seen ejected over the years. I built an '85 Miller American for a Friend years ago - three sets of verticals, horizontal wings was not enough to keep up with damaged / lost tail feathers - and they ALWAYS get run over when the simply fall off - Har, Har !!!.

Here are a few pics of what I raced over the years. I'll bet the Hull MHR number is familiar to you - Har, Har !!! I am building one that requires a dummy engine, but this one won't come off - Hopefully. CHEERS !!! Bob

The wings Jim (my dad) makes are carbon fiber, almost weightless. one set has lasted several seasons. you dont want to run into these in the lake they will distroy skidfins and props. we just put them back into place with nylon screws. we dont have any recent video of the boat but there is this UNW race of the bud on your tube from a few seasons ago. david kirk and i changed leads several times in the final. my first win :)

Great job guy,s -- glad to see someone broke the record, it,s been a while -- maybe it will steer some intrest here in district 19 to try and get it back

Henry

Jim and Adam, what a team! Great work guy's ,your hard work has paid off, congratulations.

Doug

Great job guys. Ive seen some hard work from you 2 TEAM PUTICH While ive spent time at Marysville. Great boats great guys A father son team who would want anything more..... Maybe see ya next year.....

Back