New Mutt-3/G under contruction!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically Bruce down scaled my sport 40, and built these little gems. I know he did one batch, and being the craftsman that he is it took alot longer than he expected. They are truly works of art. I will get ahold of him and see if he is going to offer plans or build more boats.

Mark

I am pretty sure that Bruce will not be producing any more. He is pretty burned out on the ones he is doing now. the plan idea is great. Pretty sure there would be a lot of interest in them. I should talk to him about it.

Mike

seriously talk to him about offering plans and building tips.the boat looks really good in the pic i saw. i would like to see it close up i'm sure it looks great!!

what kind of foam/s do you guys use? i've been looking for a building material that is easy to use and cheaper. all i can see here are white foams kind that are used in school projects. very large grain.

ernest

you got to find a buliding supply store that that sellls sells SERIOUS building supplys for example Kamco here in NY sells the blue foam that they use when constructing building foundations they use it to insulate NEVER GET THAT WHITE STUFF!!!!!!!! waste of money. blue foam

i think the pink one is ok but the size may not be suitable if you can get it in 2'' or more then take it. i think the blue one is better though

The pink and blue foams are very similar, but no where near the Clegacell for strength. I think the pink/blue is around 1.8 lbs. per cubic foot and the Cleg that I am using is 5. The cleg machines very nicely and you can glu to it with C.A.

Mark

i've found a distributor here of a blue foam. it's from a dow company there in the US. STYROFOAM, it's used in house construction i guess for flooring. is this ok?

but i have to find out first if they will sell me a single slab. :D

ernest

ernest2 said:
i've found a distributor here of a blue foam. it's from a dow company there in the US. STYROFOAM, it's used in house construction i guess for flooring. is this ok? but i have to find out first if they will sell me a single slab. :D

ernest

69368[/snapback]

Ernest2 see Mark Andersons post a couple of post back . You will see that he explains that the pink and blue foam are much less dense than the Klegacell. It works well for lighter boats but I would avoid it for Gasoline boats .

hello mark, try to talk to jim benns at hummingbird boats he uses a green type of kleg with a carbon fiber strip sandwiched in between two pieces i happened to get a small block of it to repair a sponson on a roadrunner boat the green kleg was a little more denser than the roadrunner yellow kleg i really like the green stuuf its real good to work with also is there any pictures of the boat that bruce built?

when i try to access the one on this forum theres nothing there!

take care

from

norm B)

Well after aquite a thrash the boat was finished in time to fly to Vegas with Eric. We tested it a total of about eight laps before it was boxed up. Mike Hughes reworked the turn fin bracket and support at the last minute and off to Vegas it was.

On Saturday he won the first two heats in the Gx class then tried to drive in rooster tails the other two and did not finish. I did not here how he did in the early heats Sunday but about 4:00 pm he called and said the boat was destroyed when either the switch or battery failed sending the boat at full throttle into the retaining wall that surrounds the pond.

When he brings the boat down Teusday we will get some pictures up. Good thing we cut out three of them!

Mark

I ran at las Vegas and had a pretty close look at the boat. I have to say it is quite different in design compaired to any thing that is running in G-1 sport hydro right now. And for as little time as Eric had on it, they were getting it trimmed pretty quickly.

Sunday the wind came up early, causing a lot of chop on this man made lake. Racing turned into who could survive. This pounding could have contributed to the radio failure. I'm sure Eric will agree it was like racing in a washing machine.

David

Back