New Mutt-3/G under contruction!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you make a glass version of it, can you please show me what the mold looks like? I eventually will make a mold of my sport hydro/40. Wood guy I am, Glass guy I am not.

Brian

Brian

If you have any specific mold questions I can probably help you out. I tought myself how to make molds several years ago. They are not as hard as many think.

A comercial fiber glass supply house can be your best resource for the proper materials and methods. I know I asked my local guys alot of questions the first couple of times.

Mark

Eric,

Looks good, nice pics too. What type of foam is are your using for those sponsons? Oh yah Excuse this newbie quetion but what is a Mutt? <_< Keep us updated on your progress.

The foam is 5 lb. Clegacell. Mutt is what I call my sport boats. No original ideas just stuff I like from alot of boats put together in one package. The 3 series is the latest and is in prototype stage.

The sport 20 that Bruce is building is not a Mutt. Bruce is a very good friend and he used some of my ideas about sport boat design, but they are all Bruce. The boats are beutifull, I got mine last week.

Mark

There was a Mutt3 sport 40. After winning it's first two heats of competition it was destroyed in the third (24 inch concrete piling + 60 mph boat = splinters).

Mike

Bruce brought me the new cowl plug last week and I am starting on the mold.

Mark

it was destroyed in the third
Oh yeah. I remember that. Mark was not very enthused about boats after that. It was looking real good after we fixed the turn fin support problem. It is too bad it did not live real long.

Hey Mark

Are you building 1/2A pylon planes? I got that email from Ray. That might be fun. Seems like little cost and racing locally.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
when i ran my dads boat it came about 4 feet from getting destroyed by the same piling.

bad times :eek: :eek:

Hey Mark, how's it going? Its been a long time! Did you ever fly that 1/2A CL you bought when you visited me in Alabama? I was really happy to see that you are running Carl's tunnels...we were good friends when I lived in AL. He sure designs good boats. Can't wait till me meet up again. Tell everybody up there Hi for me.

Glenn

Glen

I did fly that plane. Funny I never got that dizzy when I was a kid!! Been flying a little rc pylon this year.

Carl builds the best tunnel boats out there.

The Mutt 3-G got radio gear and hardware Thursday. I am rewoking the sponsons this weekend. I was not happy with them. I normally machine the Cleg foam in my mill but decided to try doing them on the band saw this time and they did not come out as well as I had hoped.

Mark

Mark Anderson said:
The foam is 5 lb. Clegacell. Mutt is what I call my sport boats. No original ideas just stuff I like from alot of boats put together in one package. The 3 series is the latest and is in prototype stage.
The sport 20 that Bruce is building is not a Mutt. Bruce is a very good friend and he used some of my ideas about sport boat design, but they are all Bruce. The boats are beutifull, I got mine last week.

Mark

67181[/snapback]

Hey Mark,

Care to give out your source for the "Clegacell Foam" ? Been looking for a supplier thatt will sell what you need (2' x 4') instead of a full sheet.

Thanks, ;)

Bill Diedrich

Ventress, LA

Back