New Mac outboard available

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff

It's high but it's still not as much as a Nova Rossi and conversion kit !!!!

300.00 + 100.00 + 75.00 !!!!

NR crank back plate

Time will tell on the performance !!!! But I think it will be faster than the NR and 135.00 cheaper !!!

Hi Guy's

I think it's great that there is more choice of OB powerheads now - but

at that price you could by a new K&B Pro 7.5 with the leg included and no need to go and buy a tuned pipe just to run it.

Have seen this sort of problem before where the smaller capacity classes become so expensive for good gear that people just move on up to larger sizes.

That's half the reason Gas is getting/gotten so big.

Other observation is I'm always amused why italian motors are so expensive? they have a huge share of the market (lots made and sold), the italian currency is hardly the strongest one around. I thought th Oz dollar was weak but compared to lira. Often wondered what drives the price - maybe I'm cynical but I think the manufacturers, hobby inductry will charge as much as they think they can get away with.

Sorry for the politicing, just my observations.

GT ???

GT

Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy with the cost of running a boat !!!! Thats why I hope that K&B will be in full production soon. I wish we had more US made engines out there because prices are getting out of hand !!!! For the money I can build a nice airplane and get a engine and radio for the 340.00 .

Just think about the price of a mac with a mac foot, for that matter a NR or R with a factory foot !!!!! 500.00 +

But if you want to play you got to pay !!!!

If OS would fix there sleeve problems and K&B would flood the market , then we would be ok !! Refinement of these engines internals and they would be just as powerful !!! OS already has the parts in the car engine line !! to meet the higher power outputs !!!!

But like everyone else I will buy a Mac if it is the fastest of the engines out there !! or move up to 7.5 !!

NO MIKE $$$$ IS THE LEAST OF MY PROBLEMS !!

I DON'T HAVE TO LIKE THE $$$$

GT I think you forgot the Italian currency is the Euro. That is an pretty strong currency compared to the $$ ;)

Ok, What is the bottom line on the price?

Do you have to buy the back plate and crank?

Or is it a BOLT ON POWERHEAD??

Nitro T

It is a complete bolt on engine !!! It will fit all the 3.5 legs . Go to CMDRacing and there are several pictures of the engine and parts break down.

The internals look good , it wasn't just thrown together !!!!! Andy did a good job on what he needed for a fast engine right out of the box !!!

$ 339.00

A MAC 21 OB is now on it's way to Washington. Should be here by next Wednesday.

It will go on a JD WOF 30/LawLess lower unit. This boat now has a CMB Greenhead on it and it runs strong. Will be interesting to see how the MAC compares.

Jerry D.

Jerry

Would you let us know as soon as you can how the Macs run compaired to the other engines you have run in the past ??

P.S. The D 27 is almost ready to sheet !!! Like a kid in a candy store ;D

I took a look at it today on the cmd webb page look's like it 's a CMB motor case with different parts. I will be very surprised if it will out run the Nova Rossi those motors are very strong in torque an speed. Just my .02

Tim

PB Racing

Well my motor of choice in the 3.5 inboard was the NR. That was before the MAC 21 came out. If it is as good as the inboard, It should out power the NR. I know there are a few motors coming our way Jerry. I can't wait. Should be fun at the next dist race.

Mike

Got a report today from the Miss. race. One of the boaters there got a new MAC motor to test. He said that it was faster than the CMB green head but not as fast as the NR outboard motor. He also said that it was early on the MAC with some time a tunning it should be better.

I guess we will all know something real soon.

Tim ;D

Latest posts

Back