NEW LHS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SColby

I have a new LHS that just opened up around the corner from my house. I talked to the guy last night to see if he was willling to bring boats on to try and kick start the boating hobby around the area again. To my surprsie he is more than willing. Way cool :D :D . The only thing is he is a plane and car guy. :unsure: It looks like I may be the guy for boats :huh: :lol: . So, what I am wondering is, can anyone tell me who to contact for boat hulls, engines, props, and all the other goodies? Is anyone who produces kits/hulls willing to put one up in the shop so orders can be taken? Let me know and thanks for any information that can be provided.

Steve

if he's a hobby shop with planes and cars, he has access to boats through horizon and great planes....which both have sneak previews on there new products from time to time...he gets the products for a couple months before it actually comes out...if he doesn't sell it....it goes back.....but if he wants to get into boats....he's most likely going to have to shell out a few bucks

if he wants quality.....aeromarine has nice boats, hardware, ect grimracer.com (power surge racing products) for villian tunnel hulls..speedmaster makes nice v-hulls....these few are all race quality products....not the cheapiest, but you get what you pay for..

Horizon has the new proboat nitroshockwave out....but the jury is still out on a verdict if its worth the money....the nitrohammer is aways a great shelf stockers...its a great nitro boat to get newbies in the hobby, and price is cheap enough. Stay away fro the wicked angel....my opion....crap boat..I have fixed cracked hulls on three for my LHS and they have stopped selling them.

I have heard the electric dual motor traxxas villian is nice..the LHS owner has one and said it pretty quick and fun to drive

good luck

chris

I was in there a while back, & he had a very few items for boats, no spare parts though. Maybe we could put a boat or 2 of ours in there as display models (Not for sale) to spark some interest in boats. The biggest hurdle is that the club is inactive, & there is no club pond. I have a couple ideas about that though ;)

Wade,

I was hoping that by bringing in some boats that it would peak enough interest to bring in somebody that knows of a nice pond to run in. There is a lot of water around the area. Displaying our boats and/or pictures is a thought that I had also.

Guys, bring in a boat or two, pics don't do justice... When I moved to Ky, I left one of my boats at a r/c car race track. One person that saw the boat had a pond and he allowed me to run..

Another item might be see if he has a DVD and/or a VCR player.. If he does, bring in a vid or two to allow him to show it..

Mark...

Wade and I are talking about putting our boats in there this winter. He already has the traxxas and the little bud boats in the shop. I am hoping to get good quality stuff in there and to spark up the boating hobby again in our area. I think this is a real good opprotunity to do so.

I was working with an employee of the new LHS that opened here 9 months ago. They wanted to start to handle quality boats, not just the junk that they can get from Great Planes and Horizon. I don't know what the status is right now, the best guy that they had quit this week to go work for a competitor. Your choices in the G.R. area is about like it is here in the 'Zoo. Warehouse Hobbies and Aeromarine would be good choices for him to hook up with. The Enforcer is always a good seller and the new Mean Machine 18 from Remy would fly out the doors.

Thanks for the information so far. I am going to do my best to bring in quality stuff. Stuff for play and stuff for racing. Like I mentioned with all the water around the area someone is bound to either have a pond or know of one that we can run at. Once that happens we should be albe to get the club going again.

It's too bad that running boats inside the Grand Rapids City limits is now illegal. I did run once over near Scott VanSlooten's house in Hudsonville and then that night when we ran at Lime Lake. I don't know much about the racing action in general up there. I've heard of some on-road and 1/8 scale buggy racing. Once he loads up on boating gear, I'll have to take a drive up there to support him. Make sure that the owner has your phone number and let him know that if you are willing to help out new boaters to call you.

I'll let you know Ron. I already told him that I live really close and if anyone has questions to call me. I figure if I can 't answer everyone here can. Yea it sucks you can 't run in the city limits but there are many other places and towns to run in. I don't know about the racing except for the on road stuff at one of the other LHS's. I see this as a great opprotunity to increase the popularity of the boating hobby in GR and surrounding areas.

Scott-- where is this new LHS? I have this disease where as I can not drive by a LHS without stopping. John

John it is in Rockford on Algoma right of of 10 mile in the little strip mall. I talked to the owner tonight and it looks pretty good for bringing a couple of boats to see how things go. If things go well he will bring in more. There is no question he is interested a lot. Now all I need to do is get him to post soemthing inthe shop that we are looking for a pond. Maybe next time in I will see about that.

Steve,

I would like to be involved with helping him as well. Pooling our recourses would be a advantage I think.

REMEMBER ONE THING , THAT HOBBY SHOP IS OPEN FOR ONE THING , TO MAKE A BUCK , THOSE MAJOR COMPANIES THAT WERE MENTION WILL PROVUIDE HIM WITH READY TO RUN BOATS , IF HE WANTYS GOOD QAULITY RACING BOATS AND THE APPROPRIATE HARDWARE THEN HE NEEDS TO CONTACT A DIFFERANT LINE OF BOAT MAKERS , GIVE ME A CALL AND I WILL FAX YOU ALL YOU WILL NEED , GOD BLESS

JAMES IRWIN

1-765-747-4192 PH/FAX ;)

James,

Thanks so much. I will be in touch soon.

The stuff you are talking about is the stuff I want to get in there. He already has some of the rtr stuff. One other thing we are in need of is a pond and we are starting to work on that also. We need this to help drive the demand for the boats and hardware so he will keep stocking it.

Wade,

As things start to come around I will let you know. Right now it is still in the talking stages with the owner. BTW I am going to double check but I think we will be able to put our boats in there for people to look at.

Can't do I am building another one. :D :D

Isn't the other color of that place yellow? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW I want to give a big [SIZE=14pt]THANK YOU [/SIZE]to James Irwin for all the information. I really appreciate it.

[SIZE=21pt]GO GREEN[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back