New IMPBA fast electric rules...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Keeley

Supporting Member
Had a look at the new rules that came into effect March 1st (from the Dec '08 Roostertail) and was very confused at first but after talking to our new Records Director, Doug Smock, I think 've got it straight.

Just to confirm:

There are 5 cell classes N, P, Q, S, T. Old cell classes L, N-1, O-1, O-2 are gone. New class N replaces old class N-2. These new classes have voltage and hull length limits as per pg. 11 of the article.

For these 5 cell classes there are 5 hull classes: Hydro, Sport Hydro, Mono, Tunnel (or Catamaran) & Outboard Tunnel. There are currently no records on the books for O/B Tunnel.

There are open records for "Sport O/B Tunnel" in the N & P cell classes using "template" motors per pg. 19 of the article.

There are open records for "1/8th Scale FE Unlimited Hydro" which may be powered by any cell count S-T. Also, for records to be set the contestant must be in possession of a "District Chairman approved form" proving the hull has been properly registered in the district.

Do I got it right?

ps: Thanks again to Doug for taking over the Records Director job, I know he'll do a great job for all of us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry

I do not know of anybody or any club that runs the Sport Outboard Tunnel class

with the Spec 19 or 27 turn brushed motors.

Larry

That reminds me. Terry, can I fill out a membership application and pay my dues on the spot? I could send it out still but I doubt I would get it back in time....yes, I'm a slacker. Hey, I've been busy.

That reminds me. Terry, can I fill out a membership application and pay my dues on the spot? I could send it out still but I doubt I would get it back in time....yes, I'm a slacker. Hey, I've been busy.

Sure can, would be easier if you get it off the IMPBA site and have it all ready with a check for us. :D

But new record classes nontheless, right? :rolleyes:

Yeah? So I could set a record at 5 minutes through the shoot. Sweet. Well, maybe 4:30. Need time to get her all lined up.

ugh, us FE guys have some nutty classes.

I haven't seen a Paradox raced in IMPBA in..............wait, I've never seen a Paradox raced in IMPBA. Sheltered life I guess.

I have another stupid question. Did the change to the motor spec for LSH happen with this latest set of new rules? I'm kind of out of the loop on rule changes lately.

I have another stupid question. Did the change to the motor spec for LSH happen with this latest set of new rules? I'm kind of out of the loop on rule changes lately.
Thr rule book still says 700 motor for LSH and LSO

Larry

Many of those rules were written by Jeff Stevens many, many years ago, the Paradox was the first 27T motor that could be opened. So, that's why it's in there and it needs to be upgraded. As for the 700 motors, I guess nobody has looked into changing that. I expect that Doug will get somethings going for the future.

regards,

Steve

Back