New graupner 700 BB 8.4 will rewrite the meaning of value

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul

to prove your allegation you have to do comparative testing in the same hulls or at least the same hull types

BTW are you associated with the FDM race team?

Whats Chris' take on the 700 bb 8.4? Surely he has a got one by now. Are we going to see a law suit?

Andrew

fastelectrics.com

Hi Andrew,I spoke with Chris on this and he said he's just too darn buzy to worry about this crap.

Hello Andrew,

BTW are you associated with the FDM race team?
Nope, I pay full price just like anyone else. Actually I'm not part of anyones team, just a guy boiling water on his own.

You send me a 8.4 and I'll do the testing but there's no way I'm going to change a proven combo or spend money on a motor that "you think" is the same. Like I said, try twisting a K51mm prop for 10 laps and let us know the results. Hey, if it will do the job I'm all for it.

Paul.

Hey Guys maybe someone will be running a new 8.4 at Mi Cup then we can see the results after the roosters clear!

So in the end this boils down to

I say I think the motors are the same

I get belted for daring to be so arrogant

Chris wont defend his product, claimed contract or investment in real terms - he wont even get on a thread.

But I am still wrong - what are you guys scared of???????

Andrew

Quit tip toeing Andrew!Send a motor out to a racer that is entered in Michigan Cup and lets see how it stacks up.

Whats with all the nit picking anyhow?

Chris has been known to bost from time to time.But he also shows up at the lake to back it up!Not that I expect you to come to the US to race but Im sure Chris isnt on any over seas web sights questioning there intestinal fortitude.

You cant just go and call people scared when you cant even show to back up your claims.

And then you have this "well known " racer doing tests on the motor and wont even say who he is so we can bug him !hehehe.

Come on Andrew lets lighten up man this has gone way too far

Its just an LSH motor its not like the next 100 mph toy.

" Quit tip toeing Andrew!Send a motor out to a racer that is entered in Michigan Cup and lets see how it stacks up.

I think I have.

"Whats with all the nit picking anyhow? Chris has been known to bost from time to time. But he also shows up at the lake to back it up!

Objective referenced data and bold declaritve statements like I think the Gruapner 700 BB 8.4 is as good as or is the SS1 is nitpicking.

Other people get involved in this thread on their own motion not mine.

"Not that I expect you to come to the US to race but Im sure Chris isnt on any over seas web sights questioning there intestinal fortitude.

The name of this site is International Waters. My sister club NSW's has its site hosted here. My site is located in the USA. Now I have to move - gee Dennis we could be neighbours - now you have me laughing.

Fortitude? all my opinions are in writing, full public view if I am wrng i will take it on the chin and admit it in this thread.

Turning up at the pond has nothing to do with whether the NEW Graupner 700BB is the same motor as the SS1 but it is good rhetoric and even I find it stirring.

""You cant just go and call people scared when you cant even show to back up your claims.

The reation to me saying I think I have a motor as good as the SS1 has been pretty "interesting"

"And then you have this "well known " racer doing tests on the motor and wont even say who he is so we can bug him !hehehe.

Its called client confidentiality. Anyway he tells me you guys are bugging him!

" Come on Andrew lets lighten up man this has gone way too far

Dennis I am so sick of this thread I am beginning to hope I am wrong so we can be done with it

Hey how about getting Steve Neu to Dyno the motors? Now that would be cool.

My turn,

I'm going the other way with this. Untill I see the motors I'll assume they are the same. If they aren't they aren't. Either way, the motor issue is a valid topic.

However, I'm not sure I'm as thrilled with Chris's involvment even if it is a lack thereof. He's not a registered user of this board and bearly ever comments on Rum Runner. I think at times we all assume we are all equally savy on the computer. Well, I know Chris enough to say he isn't.

Paul, Dennis and even I have come to Chris's defense just as I have come to you to support of your products.

Subjective comparrisons are a tough arguement. Those of us who are familar with the SS1 and other 700 motors including the history of the SS1 find it hard to believe that Mabuchi would be selling the same motor 2 months after it's release to Chris. I guess we had assumed Mabuchi would have honored the legal obligation which would tell us the new 8.4 wouldn't be the same as the SS1. Perhaps that explains the passionate arguements.

At the same time you believe to have the clone the the SS1 (the new 8.4 700) in your posession which explains your passion. Andrew, I would be just as passionate about this as you, maybe more! And I don't hold any of it against you nor should you hold any of it against Paul, Dennis or even me to a point.

The only issue I do find myself in dissagreement with is calling Chris into this forum. I know I've called Chris and let him know about the 8.4 and I'm sure Dennis and Paul have too. While I don't know what there conversations have been about, the only thing Chris has told me was how his contract was spelled out and that he'd have to get ahold of one of the new motors and call Mabuchi to see what's up. To be honest I was surprised. I'd be hopping mad (since he still has thousands of motors) but he wants the facts first. I doubt you will see Chris come onto this board and if he does take legal action it will be with those involved and none of our business.

Please don't hold any of this against these guys or me either. We are all friends and are doing what friends do for each other do, namely look out one another.

Time will tell how this new 8.4 will pan out. If I were in your business (selling model boat stuff) I'd hope it was the hot ticket and that I could sell a bundle of them. All you're doing is selling a product that somebody else makes. Isn't that the point?

Good luck!

Dick

The Michigan Cup race ought to be interesting. Who's coming up besides the obvious ones? I am coming up, look for the guy carrying an "N" `rigger around, yeah, the bad word around "E" boaters! ;D I should have my Speed Quest Hobbies T-Shirts by then.

Not at all Ron. I was out churning up the water with my 3.5 and 7.5 tunnels yesterday. They looked real strong. Now if I could just get them to go as fast as my electrics!

Dick

we had an electric boat at the pond today...... it was a tug boat! used to retrieve the "real" boats

just thought i would stir up the post a little ;D

Well Dennis great job not a single motor sold this week

In relation to this thread I stand by every word I have said. I believe this motor is as good as good as any and will prove to be so

Andrew Gilchrist

fastelectrics.com

Newcastle

AUSTRALIA

Ok Ok Uncle!I Quit! You havent heard a word I have said.

I never said Your motor sucks or Questioned anything about Your new product. Other than a slight nudge and a little bit of talking race smack!

My only point was your pointing out that racers may have fell for a marketing ploy.Wich had canotations of dishonesty and trickery.Being a good friend and Team racer I felt obligated to set the story strait and defend my sponsors good name.

You drew first blood saying this on a public forum for all to see and were unknowing folks might get the wrong opinion of a good honest retailer.

A better solution may have been....Hey,Great news,The Ausie answer to the SS1.Same great features like dependability,Tourqe,High cooling and performance.All for about $20.00 less...Get them while they last.

A bunch of people just got turned off from the hobby because of a bunch of BS marketing crap and finger pointing.

If some one said something mean about you I would beat there A-- publicly too!

I wish your racer well at MC4.You work hard on these websights answering questions to many people and I apreciate it as I know those people you have helped do as well.Back to racing please! :)

Andrew

I'm racing at the Michigan Cup My Keywest needs a new motor the 775 Neo has seen better days if you want someone to run it and compare I'll bet theres ss1 powered Keywests running in P offshore I'll run against then with the new 8.4 what the hey . can you get one to Mich in 4 days. if it will stop the bickering or opinions better phrase I'll give it a try what do i have to loose I got 2nd place last year with the setup i have now . Hopefully a first is in the works

Andrew,

You know, after thinking about the comment you made about me being on Fines team I really got bent. Well, after calming down over the weekend I come back here today only to get even more aggravated reading your latest posts.

Paul.

In order to prevent any further degeneration of this discussion, I am locking this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back