new from Hobbico

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right Steve.. not much to understand.. when they start to loose cap its time to file them. thats all.

Life packs dont self discharge, they last longer (life cycle) then both Nickles and Lipos.. thats all.

Nickels really dont last any longer then Nicads based on the same capacity.. but when push comes to shove Nicads will out perform nickels in life cycle 3 to 1. Also.. so you know. Nicads will out power a nickel, Punch! If you will. Another good reason for Nacads. To me anyway… Seeing as I never seem to use more then about 350mah on a race day I like to go with Nicads.

Now with LiFe packs I get both.. POWER and run time.. and .. most important to me.. life cycle. The weight savings is just a side benny to me.

Allan,

Life packs WILL NOT START ON FIRE if they get wet. They are WAY more stable then Lipos.. Physical construction is kind of the same as a Lipo so its a good idea to not get them wet.. but.. to date I have not lost a lipo dew to getting it wet but i avoid it the best I can..

Note: (Lipos/Life packs have metal tabs if you will, Kind of like the pre welded tabs on some sanyo batteries (not the same but you get the idea). The tabs can corrode over time so its best to do what you can to keep them dry.. No worse then your RX or Servos however.)

Grim

Err mr grim racer lol

I was wondering.. and maybe you posted and i didn't see it.. would a charger that does lipo's work or do you have to have a charger that is now capable to do these new style packs. and does it have to have a balancer like you are supposed to do with lipo's?

thanks man

Hea Big Daddy,

It can not.. the chager must be able to do a LiFe packs..

The pack can be chareged without a balancer (the Onyx 230, Triton EQ and EQ-2 can do this)However the Triton EQ and EQ2 both come with the proper balancing hardware.

Take care

Grim

Back