New FE Club in Houston, Texas area

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

The Heart of Texas Model Boat Club is now operating in the West Houston area. We concentrate mostly on fast electric boats, but members also have gas and scale models. The Trawler Races are something to see! We meet twice a month, usually in Katy, on the first and third Saturdays of the month. The next meet is February 5th starting at 10 AM. Most meets are informal and focus more on fun and learning than on cut-throat racing. Several of our members are National Record Holders and love to share ideas with fellow club members. Visit our website to learn more:

http://www.hotmbc.com

I bet you hate being in Texas and being able to race all year. Do you miss Alaska, I am sure you had many friends there.

Great news on the new club

thanks,

Steve

jayt said:
The Heart of Texas Model Boat Club is now operating in the West Houston area. We concentrate mostly on fast electric boats, but members also have gas and scale models. The Trawler Races are something to see! We meet twice a month, usually in Katy, on the first and third Saturdays of the month. The next meet is February 5th starting at 10 AM. Most meets are informal and focus more on fun and learning than on cut-throat racing. Several of our members are National Record Holders and love to share ideas with fellow club members. Visit our website to learn more:
http://www.hotmbc.com

83774[/snapback]

Hi Steve:

There are a lot of things I miss about Alaska, but the weather isn't one of them, at least not for 9 months of the year. You're right, it is the people I miss the most. It is so novel to be able to put a boat in the water any day of the year - I have a 300-foot-long pond just 200 yards from the house!

I lived in Texas for a few years in the early 80s and liked it but was transfered back to Alaska and remained for 20 more years. I have shoveled my last bit of snow, although to add insult to injury we had snow on the ground here on Christmas day 2004! It snowed once when I lived here before too. Just my luck.... :blink:

We have a great bunch of FE guys here, and it is great fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back