• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

NEW CMB's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlnoki

The new CMB 80 RS and the New CMB 21 Valvola are now in the US and available

from Tidewater eng.

I will be bringing up one of each to the Greenbriar race this weekend for those that want to have a look.

(and no, i have not had them apart yet to see whats inside. MAYBE A MEETING IN THE ROOM SATURDAY NIGHT TO FIND OUT?) :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just now found out how to add photos to teh gallery. the new MOTORS are there guys.

thanks

carl

Well if CMB changes to the Mac motor version i guess all the poeple that won't run Mac motors will have to start running OPS motor's or something like that. :huh:

Well that tells you somthing about the Mac motor dosn't it B)

PHM Racing said:
Well if CMB changes to the Mac motor version i guess all the poeple that won't run Mac motors will have to start running OPS motor's or something like that. :huh:

97590[/snapback]

I run the Mac motors and I think that there the best thing since sliced bread and the service from CMDI is impeccable. I just don't think its right for them to try to capitalize on some one else's motor

Terry Flynn said:
PHM Racing said:

97590[/snapback]

I run the Mac motors and I think that there the best thing since sliced bread and the service from CMDI is impeccable. I just don't think its right for them to try to capitalize on some one else's motor

97603[/snapback]

OK who made the 21 engine with the drum induction and exhaust like the bigger engines (valvola) ????

Let me see.... ahhh yes,.... it was CMB over 10 years ago!!!!!

(bet there are differences between the MAC and the CMB anyways....)

EatMyShortsRacing said:
OK who made the 21 engine with the drum induction and exhaust like the bigger engines (valvola) ????
Let me see....  ahhh yes,....  it was CMB over 10 years ago!!!!!

97983[/snapback]

Not even close. <_< Having something that might remotely look similar is one thing but using molds WITHOUT permission that are sole property of who you are contracted by is stealing. :angry:

Don Ferrette said:
EatMyShortsRacing said:

97983[/snapback]

Not even close. <_< Having something that might remotely look similar is one thing but using molds WITHOUT permission that are sole property of who you are contracted by is stealing. :angry:

97987[/snapback]

Are you saying the cases come out of the same mould????

EatMyShortsRacing said:
Don Ferrette said:
EatMyShortsRacing said:

97983[/snapback]

97987[/snapback]

97995[/snapback]

Unfortunately it's more than just the cases Craig.

Don Ferrette said:
EatMyShortsRacing said:
Don Ferrette said:
EatMyShortsRacing said:

97983[/snapback]

97987[/snapback]

97995[/snapback]

97997[/snapback]

Hmmmm can we be more specific about what is different on these motors?

Drum is different, head is different, cooling head is different, carb is different, not sure about the time as of yet, and yes, the CMB Valvola was the original rear induction marine 21.

Anyways, havent had time to run the little beast yet. am still cleaning up the boats from the Hagerstown race this last weekend.

only was able to place with the Speedmaster 21 with a new and UN_RUN CMB 21 RS. Took 1st place with it.

AND I FORGOT ABOUT RUNNING OVER THE WAKES OF A TWIN IN F HYDRO<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

carl

the Original CMB Valvola came out around 1987 if memory serves, i still have 2 of them wrapped and put away.

Carl

EatMyShortsRacing said:
Don Ferrette said:
EatMyShortsRacing said:
Don Ferrette said:
EatMyShortsRacing said:

97983[/snapback]

97987[/snapback]

97995[/snapback]

97997[/snapback]

Hmmmm can we be more specific about what is different on these motors?

98018[/snapback]

Actually is was 14 years ago when the CMB 21 Valvola was discontinued for lack of sales. :huh:

They come out of the one and only mold!!!!

The carb barrel, the color of the water jacket and a small difference in the transfer ports because I changed from the 2002 ports in 2003 while CMB kept using the 2002 ports with only a small change on the boost port.

During the planning stages of the MAC 21, CMB was given permission by me to build a "similar" engine with reverse rotation for sale to the FSR-Vee market only.

The "Similar" engine turned out, as a surprise to me, to be exactly the same engine with a different carb and a turbo plug. :angry:

Interesting note!

Six years ago CMB and I discussed the possiblity of building a MAC 1.2" They wanted to do it. I decided not to go ahead with that project.

Now think about this!!!! If they were given the money to build the molds and tooling for a MAC 1.2 and it became a very successful engine, does it not seem probable that most of the CMB dealers would be crying to CMB for a CMB 1.2??

Of Coarse! Just as they have been asking CMB for the direct drive valvola.

But imagine that! No MAC 1.2" So no CMB 1.2" :rolleyes:

AndyBrown said:
The "Similar" engine turned out, as a surprise to me, to be exactly the same engine with a different carb and a turbo plug.  :angry:

98035[/snapback]

Not to mention that it has been an extremely successful engine for CMB in FSRV. Credit, where credit is due IMO. Andy, you did a great job turning a discarded design into a modern day race winner. I think the majority of boaters recognise that.

I'm still running a Novarossi - but I know how potent those MAC21's and the green head MAC21's are. Not to be taken lightly by any means.

Tim.

" and yes, the CMB Valvola was the original rear induction marine 21." .........................Or was it a K&B 3.5? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Why doesent CMB have a website? This is after all the year 2005. Do they even have email?

Back