New Classes Added to Summer Outboard Shootout!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyDuncan

We have added two more classes to the Summer Outboard Shootout. I've had several people ask me about adding Mod VP and Open Outboard Hydro. So get them signed up.

Open Outboard Hydro will be for any outboard powered hydroplane. Either Kneeler or Outrigger. Any size or type of outboard, nitro, gas or electric, can be run. NO TUNNEL HULLS!

Now the hunt begins for another OS piston and liner, I robbed everything from the ModVP for my Sport boat
default_rolleyes.gif

You need to rename it then. If its a true open outboard hydro you should not exclude tunnels.

Sounds like the non tunnel folks are chicken[emoji12]

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad!! Class name change to satisfy everyone and make it technically correct. It will now be Open Kneeler and Outrigger Outboard Hydro! Just trying to combine two classes. There aren't enough kneeler or outboard outriggers to make a class for each, and a kneeler doesn't stand a chance up against the tunnels. Would love to see yall sign up and come race.

Jimmy,

Just call it "Outlaw Outboard Hydro". putting a .45 on the Kneeler.

Mic
Easy Mic , they already cant handle Outlaw 40 for Super Stock -

seeing how they are signed up they should have a say though right ???
default_sleep.png

My bad!! Class name change to satisfy everyone and make it technically correct. It will now be Open Kneeler and Outrigger Outboard Hydro! Just trying to combine two classes. There aren't enough kneeler or outboard outriggers to make a class for each, and a kneeler doesn't stand a chance up against the tunnels. Would love to see yall sign up and come race.
My bad my azz, tri-oval isnt in the rule book either - but the entries just keep growing, maybe he is Skeered people are doing things other than the norm (snooze) to draw interest
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Specialty race John Knight - get it yet ???

Greg I've ran my kneeler with a sport 40 k&b on it and it runs good. I hope Andy Smith Brings his FE kneeler!

Marty,

With limited experience using a .21 Zipp hydro fin and a rear dagger to keep it from spinning out we could skid through turns. That was with an OS .21 motor and lower. Same 36" ML boat with a .45 K&B lower and "Q" FE ran low 50's and turned better. Seems the larger foot controlled better and didn't need the dagger. Either way these are total drivers boats and need practice to find what lines work in turns. Main turn fin was mounted behind the right sponson. Next testing will be a can muffler .45 K&B.

Mic

Back