New build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interested to follow your build and set-up of this .

Were there any mods to the stock kit during your build ?

Have a 12 kit in customs ... as I discovered a new side exhaust NovaR .15 in the workshop recently .. ..... wouldnt be too worried about the car timings, can all be worked around if needed.

Do please keep the updates flowing.

This is just a stock build. Don't really need to do much to get these boats running good. All you really need is a good motor pipe prop combo. Running a buggy engine in a rigger isn't really any different than in a buggy. Really the only difference is there is no body over the motor and its being used in water instead of on land.

Last edited by a moderator:
The buggy engines are timed roughly 10-15 degrees less on the exhaust side. But more can be accomplished with boat/pipe/prop setup then motor modification.

Nice work John! Looking forward to hopefully racing against her next summer. As I remember it one of the original goals of the JAE was to get people to put their old car motors to use with a very fast, easy to tune, and inexpensive boat kit.

I would have to think its better then a water cooled head. Atleast in hydros there should be adequate cooling. I think most motors are over cooled. Thanx for the reply and good luck.

What length pipe you running
Pipe is set at 7 1/2
nice...that's what mine is at now,I'm going to be cutting about another 1/2 inch off of it to see if I can pick up some more top end
Let me know how that works i'm in Minnesota so I won't be able to do any testing for a few months......Good Luck
ok... hopefully i get out in the next few days to see how it works..weathers nice here.. :p 70 and sunny...lol

What length pipe you running
Pipe is set at 7 1/2
nice...that's what mine is at now,I'm going to be cutting about another 1/2 inch off of it to see if I can pick up some more top end
Let me know how that works i'm in Minnesota so I won't be able to do any testing for a few months......Good Luck
ok... hopefully i get out in the next few days to see how it works..weathers nice here.. :p 70 and sunny...lol
Must be nice its 10 degrees and windy here

Back