NEW BOATER(SORTA)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpmjunkee

Hi folks,I'm an old c/l racing and combat pilot.I used to live in Indianapolis in the late 70's and happened to hear the guys running boats over by speedway, coming back from a combat match.Spun the car around,watched them run and was hooked.It took many years to actually take the plunge,but in the 80's I bought an aeromarine challenger with ops .67 and futzed around awhile but no clubs in my area(moved back to michigan) so kinda shelved it.Found a club,bought a mongoose sold the challenger and the club disbanded before I got it built!I recently met Walt Radzinski and Keven Sheren and decided it was time to give this thing a go again.I'm buying an older hawk 3.5 from Kevin.Not a bad place to start I think.I went to Hobart(fantastic race,great town)and yesterday went to the Flint record trials and met more great folks!Sooooooooo.....here we go,1 2 3...spend money!!!

Welcome back and have fun. Walt will point you in the right direction if you lose your way. The hawk is a good first boat and will run fast with the right motor. There are many years of boating experience on the site and great people to learn from. Ryon

Have to agree with Ryon, lots of help to be found here. Be sure to scan through the rigger section as more hull style specific info can be found there

Last edited by a moderator:
So, where are you at in Michigan? I'm in Kalamazoo and belong to the same club as Walt and Kevin. I was at the Hobart race also, most of the time around Walt's pit area when I wasn't wandering around taking pictures and videos.

So, where are you at in Michigan? I'm in Kalamazoo and belong to the same club as Walt and Kevin. I was at the Hobart race also, most of the time around Walt's pit area when I wasn't wandering around taking pictures and videos.
Ron,I'm the 6'4" tall bald guy you talked to for a bit in Hobart.I'm in Allegan.You put me in touch with another person in my area a couple years back that had issues and could'nt help me.Not your fault or his,we'll call it poor timing :)By the way,I'm a member of YOUR CLUB!Walt said I can say that.Remember me now?I can honestly say I've never been called hard to spot or easy to forget!I'm sure I'll see you at the Grand Rapids pond in the spring if not sooner.I hope sooner,I don't want to stare at my boat all winter before I get to run it!There was this time I got a bicycle for Christmas and............

OK, screen names throw me off sometimes. That was probably Terry Stuller in Allegan, I haven't seen or heard from him in a long time.

Hobart2009010.jpg

OK, screen names throw me off sometimes. That was probably Terry Stuller in Allegan, I haven't seen or heard from him in a long time.

Hobart2009010.jpg
Ron, I was just having fun with you!I know that you have'nt been to the G.R. pond in a bit so you have'nt had a chance to really meet me.We'll get together and swap paint I'm sure.Remember I'm a rookie driver!Which brings up:THE PLAN.I want to try to get that hawk as dead reliable as I can.I need stick time to learn to get around the coarse well.Then I thought I would record someone calling the clock,and practice milling and getting a good start.Then practice start after start after start until it's close to second nature.Then maybe I'll be ready to try to race with some reasonable expectation of not looking like a total rube:)That's THE PLAN anyway.By the way,yep, thats me in the picture.Ya know, they're right, the camera does add 10lbs!Have a good one.BILL

I work a lot of OT so I only get a chance to get up there about once a month so more than likely I've missed you.

The guy in the green shirt is Randy Crum and to the right and rear of him is my "little" boy, Eric. Kevin Sheren wanted to glue, staple or nail his hat on correctly! :lol:

We'll have to get you to play in traffic next season. With Walt with a .21 'rigger and me thinking seriously about getting a JAE .21 when they come out we can have some fun! Those Hawk's are still a competitive boat especially considering how long they've been made.

I work a lot of OT so I only get a chance to get up there about once a month so more than likely I've missed you.

The guy in the green shirt is Randy Crum and to the right and rear of him is my "little" boy, Eric. Kevin Sheren wanted to glue, staple or nail his hat on correctly! :lol:

We'll have to get you to play in traffic next season. With Walt with a .21 'rigger and me thinking seriously about getting a JAE .21 when they come out we can have some fun! Those Hawk's are still a competitive boat especially considering how long they've been made.
I asked that my name be added to the list for a jae .21 also,if there is a list.I've been drooling on my shoes over those boats since I saw some of the videos.Also wondering how that AA .21 engine Al Hobbs is bringing out is going to perform.I've always had a sweet spot for rossi engines,they just didn't keep up with the times.

Latest posts

Back