New boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has the .21/. 45-sprint cat made by Aeromarine Laminates? If so could you tell me what you think of it so far?

I am thinking of getting this boat with the ops .45 and their hardware kit.

thanks

You would be alot better off with the 40 -60 cat with

a 45 engine in it the 20 cat is way to small and do yourself a favour get Speedmaster hardware.

This combo has been race proven for years now.

http://www.rossisales.com/index.html

Tim K

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Tim. I had a 20 cat along time ago that I stuffed a 45 into hard to keep it on the water. Tkae it easy on the OPS I have tried runningthem in my sport 40 and have gone through 3 bearing housing so far a friend is going to make me a billet housing now so I won't have any more trouble.

Bill Zuber

Ray,

My last boat (almost 10 years ago) was a 36" Sprint Cat with a Picco .67EXR. The boat was an absolute blast! I could take it out in almost any weather condition without being afraid to open it up. It was a fast and stable boat and if I get another cat, I'll probably go for a Sprint Cat 90. Everyone I know who's owned a Sprint Cat loved them. :)

Ray said:
Hello,
I was wondering if anybody has the .21/. 45-sprint cat made by Aeromarine Laminates? If so could you tell me what you think of it so far?

I asked a similar question a month or two ago. The responses then were as they are now, the 36" one is good for a .45. I ended up getting one that already has an OPS .67 in it, so now I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my spare OPS .45.

Want to sell that spare 45?

piper_chuck said:
Ray said:
Hello,

I asked a similar question a month or two ago. The responses then were as they are now, the 36" one is good for a .45. I ended up getting one that already has an OPS .67 in it, so now I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my spare OPS .45.

110286[/snapback]

anthony_marquart said:
Want to sell that spare 45?
I could probably be convinced to do so. :) It's an older model, 8710, disk rotor. Has not been run since I installed a new rod, piston, and liner. It has been stored well lubed in the box for quite a while. I'll take some pics.

Hello, :)

Thank you for all the information I decided that the way to go would be with the

Hull & Hardware Combo for the Sprint cat 36" x 14" .40/. 80 w/Turbine Cowl

For the boat it’s a good starting point plus I get everything I need in the hardware kit. This way I am not ordering from 4 or 5 different places. If I need to improve anything I can at a later date.

As for the engine I will be going to the OPS .45 w/pipe.

I will be using Morgan fuels 40%; it’s the easiest to get around here. Either that or I have to buy it by the case lot and I just don't do enough boating for that.

The only thing left is what props to use. :blink:

Thanks again for all the info to date.

b0atnutz said:
Tim k said:
You would be alot better off with the 40 -60 cat witha 45 engine in it  the 20 cat is way to small and do yourself a favour get Speedmaster hardware.

This combo has been  race proven for years now.

http://www.rossisales.com/index.html

Tim K

110267[/snapback]

Hey Tim what was the motor you ran in your sport 40? Thanks Jerry

110269[/snapback]

Modified OPS Jerry

Tim K

A friend has the little Sprintcat powered by a JP Black 21 with a gearbox and it runs very fast !

I've got the Sprintcat 90 with a CMB 90 Evo 2...it's wonderful, very fast and stable !

Great hull ! :wub: :wub:

Ray,

my 36' Sprintcat/45 MAC combo loves a X450. I also have a mod 1455 that I use with the strut raised 2mm.

Cheers Nigel.

Back