• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need Used Pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Davis

Looking for a new or used OPS 3280 pipe. Want a full length pipe that I can try on my MAC 21 Engine.

Marty Davis

Hey Marty,

Seems to be a tough pipe to find.

If you come up dry,Al Hobbs usually has the Russian copys.

Happy hunting.

Looking for a new or used OPS 3280 pipe. Want a full length pipe that I can try on my MAC 21 Engine.
Marty Davis
I am pretty sure that I have the pipe you are looking for. I will send pics and measurements if still interested. I bought it used off of ebay. It was part of several that I purchased from an individual. I looks very nice! It came in an OPS box that had 32800 on it. I am into bigger motors.

You can also email me at [email protected]

Just curious but Marty didn't you complet your search when you tried the new Cooper pipe on your 20? I too am looking for more performance. I have a Blazer SPt. 20 that I am running a NR with a 3280. Correction not running but soon to be testing this will be pitted against the Cooper pipe. Let me know what you are working on. Jerry

Just curious but Marty didn't you complete your search when you tried the new Cooper pipe on your 20?
I was kinda wondering the same thing as back on this thread-

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=175087

The exact quote was-

"We tested the 40 and 20 pipes and I can say WITHOUT RESERVATION that both are better than ANY pipe I have ever run on either sized engine. The 40 pipe was tested with a stock CMB 45 and the 20 pipe with a modified MAC 21. Both pipes had more RPM and a TON MORE mid range and launchability than my pipes." and "On the 20, I was able to turn more rpm and come out of the turns harder, also more speed. It was obvious that the pipe was much better. As many of you know, I tested as many pipes as I could get my hands on for my 20 over the years. It has always been by far my favorite class and this pipe puts all the other to shame."

So Marty what's up, you got us wondering. You didn't have a 3280 in those years worth of pipes? The 3280's been around like forever..... :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty-

There are a couple people already asking if they can buy the pipe if you do not. Please let me know one way or another by end of today so I can sell it to the next guy if you don't want it.

Just curious but Marty didn't you complet your search when you tried the new Cooper pipe on your 20? I too am looking for more performance. I have a Blazer SPt. 20 that I am running a NR with a 3280. Correction not running but soon to be testing this will be pitted against the Cooper pipe. Let me know what you are working on. Jerry

Jerry:

I have the Cooper Pipe on my Sport 20 and it was very impressive this past weekend in its first race. The boat is awesome and the pipe works very well. At this point, I am leaving the Cooper Pipe on the Sport 20 until I find something that I like better.

The pipes that I am gathering is for my hydro. I am planning to do some testing on VERY HIGH RPM setups as well as lower rpm/high torque setups. Not sure which I will like the best. Right now, I am using a compromise in the middle. One requirement for me is the ability to mill slow and either system will have to deliver that.

This type test I do periodically as new pipes, props and setups appear on the horizon.

I am also doing a little "backing into" Exhaust Gas Temps for pipe design of some new bar stock pipes.

Marty Davis

Marty,

We have found a really good pipe,but they are all custom.

I will have to see if the guy wants to make more. It delivers

the whole package. To be honest, I was a little surprised with

the Cooper pipe, it didn't deliver on my set up. The EGT is going

to help a lot with tuning these little motors. We just got a RPM

gun and we are looking forward to using this also as a good test

tool.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Marty,
We have found a really good pipe,but they are all custom.

I will have to see if the guy wants to make more. It delivers

the whole package. To be honest, I was a little surprised with

the Cooper pipe, it didn't deliver on my set up. The EGT is going

to help a lot with tuning these little motors. We just got a RPM

gun and we are looking forward to using this also as a good test

tool.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U
Mark:

Please be specific about the pipe OR if you want, send me a private message. I would be interested in whatever you have found. I am in the process of testing a bunch of pipes and would be interested in other input.

I have the 3280 pipe bought, but I am interested in what you have found.

Marty Davis

Just curious but Marty didn't you complete your search when you tried the new Cooper pipe on your 20?
I was kinda wondering the same thing as back on this thread-

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=175087

The exact quote was-

"We tested the 40 and 20 pipes and I can say WITHOUT RESERVATION that both are better than ANY pipe I have ever run on either sized engine. The 40 pipe was tested with a stock CMB 45 and the 20 pipe with a modified MAC 21. Both pipes had more RPM and a TON MORE mid range and launchability than my pipes." and "On the 20, I was able to turn more rpm and come out of the turns harder, also more speed. It was obvious that the pipe was much better. As many of you know, I tested as many pipes as I could get my hands on for my 20 over the years. It has always been by far my favorite class and this pipe puts all the other to shame."

So Marty what's up, you got us wondering. You didn't have a 3280 in those years worth of pipes? The 3280's been around like forever..... :unsure:

Don:

I want to test a couple systems. First I currently use a pipe (Cooper and AB Parabolic) which produce good low and mid range and good top end. I am currently running 32,500 on the top end. It seems that I revisit other pipes from time to time and now I want to try some pipes to see if I can get 35-40K with a smaller prop. The formulas show that you can run much faster using RPM??? Not sure if any of these pipes will do this, but I want to try. Not willing to give up MUCH mid range and low end launchability though.

As for the 3280: I have not run that pipe for MANY years and I see people like Ron Zaker, Jr and Chris Wood using that pipe most all the time and running very well.

The difficult thing for me in these pipe tests is that I have to make adapters that slip into the pipe to make the header size fit the pipe in a smooth manner and that takes some lathe time. It is super important that the transition between the header and the pipe be smooth.

Now I have 4 pipes that I want to test as a comparison with the ones that I am running. I also want to get one of the carbon pipes and test it also.

Time to make the adapters and get to the pond.... 40,000 RPM is something that is music to the ears - I would like to see 40K with adequate torque.

Marty Davis

Marty,

35,000 to 37,000 RPM is possible,but I'm not sure about 40,000 RPM?

The balance of the motor starts to play an important role in maximum

RPM. You cannot load up these motors with a ton of propeller and a long

pipe and think you are going to get it done. I have a set up that will

spin these numbers with good air and clean water. The pipe is one thing

that is still overlooked quite a bit by the average boater. Testing your set

up is still the only way to find out "what is really going on".

You are correct "RPM = Speed"

Still looking to buy some used 45 OPS Nitro pipes if anyone has some laying

around. They produce GREAT RPM @ 8 1/2".

Thanks For Reading Fellas,

Mark Sholund

[email protected]

231-590-3023

Back