Need Universal Receiver for my Airtronics MX3. Are these good?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another vote for the dual conversion Hitec rcvr. I've been searching on the towerhobbies website trying to find a Hitec or Performance Devices dual conversion rcvr crystal compatible with my Airtronics MX3 FM radio but I'm having no luck :unsure: .

It never ceases to amaze me that someone will spend upwards of a $1000 on a boat, then "cheap-out" on the radio. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

Don :blink: :blink: :blink:

If It was me, I would only use Hitec Crystals ina Hitec reciever. If you can not find the correct crystal try servocity.com. Castle Creations will be releaseing their Berg recievers soon and the micro stamp 4 will be available in 75mhz, fully loaded with TSR and DSP and failsafes.

Doug

posted by DON MAHER,

It never ceases to amaze me that someone will spend upwards of a $1000 on a boat, then "cheap-out" on the radio. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!
What never ceases to amaze me is how people are always trying to tell me how to spend/throw away my very limited funds :angry: .

First off, just because others may have upwards of $1000 invested in their boat doesn't mean that I do. I have to do things on the cheap otherwise I can't pay my bills, pay childsupport for my teenage son and feed my family of four including my baby girl that was born 9 days ago. My highest dollar boat is an old retired, beat up race boat (AM Avenger) that was given to me by a racer who had no need for it anymore.

Second, do I need a $200, $300 or more radio system to successfully run my radio control boats? I guess I "cheaped out" with my lowly, piddly $109 Airtronics M3 radio. And once again as stated earlier in this thread, no, I do not race!

Third, in many, if not most cases, the phrase, "you get what you pay for" is a worn out, overused excuse used by people who want to justify why they paid too much for something :rolleyes: ! My sister is a pharmacist and she would never agree with that phrase when it comes to name brand vs generic drugs! Perhaps $3.00 gal gasoline is better than $2.75 gal gasoline? My military commissary groceries must be reject food since it is cheaper than off base grocery stores? Mail ordered, discount items are inferior to identical, higher priced, locally purchased items?

Your phrase may be true in some cases (engines, tried and true boat hulls, etc.) but I would not agree that it is true when comparing $85 Airtronics brand 3ch, single conversion rcvrs to $39 Hitec 3ch dual conversion rcvrs or even the $32 Hitec 3ch single conversion rcvr.

Finally, like many other people, I solicit the many years of expertise of the other "been there, done that" board members. I ask for their experiences/opinions on something that I may be looking at buying to see if it worked for them. If I just go by your philosophy, "you get what you pay for," I guess I might as well go and find the most expensive brand item at the most expensive place that I can find it and pay the highest amount for shipping to have it delivered to me :rolleyes: :angry: .

The Bergs by Castle will have a price of 39$, not bad for a reciever that blows most top priced recievers away!!! They are also Auto shift so no worrying about that snafu. I have tested the TSR function and it works and works well! Once the rx has recognized your tx, then no other tx can glitch your reciever, none, nadda!!! The Berg Recievers are the only reciever I will use in a heli, or airplane, so why not the boat.

Doug

Danny,

You said it well for some of us. I am not much of a racing boater, but make the dollars I have go as far as they will. The get what you pay for statement DOES apply to some things but IS NOT an accurate blanket statement.

Regards Curt

Thanks, Doug. I've got Castle Creations saved in my favorites now and I'll be checking in on them to get more info on these new receivers.

posted by crrcboatz,

The get what you pay for statement DOES apply to some things but IS NOT an accurate blanket statement.
Amen!

Back