Need some help on a conversion

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike McKnight

Ok so recently a friend asked me to convert an old gas 54in Mono to FE for him. Just gonna be for a fun boat. But I will admit I know very little about FE gear, Looking for an inexpensive set of gear, motor ESC and I assume this will need to be like an 8s setup? Suggestions?

Ok so recently a friend asked me to convert an old gas 54in Mono to FE for him. Just gonna be for a fun boat. But I will admit I know very little about FE gear, Looking for an inexpensive set of gear, motor ESC and I assume this will need to be like an 8s setup? Suggestions?
I'm certainly not an FE expert, but "inexpensive" and "an 8s setup" is somewhat of an oxymoron.

JD

Big amp ESC and motors are going to be exspensive plus the batteries!!! THE SONG MONEY COMES TO MIND!!! Mite as well build a scale!

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
A budget set up using a 56 serie Leopard or Tppower motor with low kv, a SF 300A esc and 2P 4S packs of 5.0 or 6.0A definitevely won't broke the bank if you just want to have fun but I would suggest to attend OSE forum the right place for more experienced mono guys.I'm a FE guy too but only run riggers on 4S and 6S not that sort of big monos.

Gill

Mike,

One of my built with a similar size mono for FE is a TFL 56104 500KV motor with SF 300A ESC for 10 to 12S set up would be a reasonably fast set up for fun running.

If you like to go really nuts, then the same motor for a 400A ESC for upto 15-16S set up for which I have tried for awhile, but watch the temperature and beware of not running too hot.

Gilbert

Last edited by a moderator:
Or, you may go top end as my Raptor mono like this :

mail.hover.jpg

Lehrer 3038 motor, MGM 400A ESC for 15S1P.

Looking at your other reply, 8S would not move a 54" big mono, it would if it is a cabin crusier type.

Back