need some davice

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck Spragg

Hi guys I have bought a scale boat, A Phil Thomas 8255 with a Mac 67 and a Andy Brown Quiet pipe with the three stingers, can someone tell me appox. pipe length for this setup, and need to know what prop most of you are using, boat has front radio box, I bought this boat from Allan Yuen great guy beautiful boat packed very well , I dont think Allan built this boat as he said he only tested it a couple times so he could not give many details on running setup, the fuel tanks are in the sides, dont know if the motor is modified but it has an aftermarket carb on it, so my guess is that the motor has been modified, if I can get some info on a good setup to start with this would help to dail her in faster. thanks chuck

I have the same hull/motor combo. Is your pipe the parabolic (silver pipe)? If so mine is set at 12" and I run an Octura X 460 prop.

I have the same hull/motor combo. Is your pipe the parabolic (silver pipe)? If so mine is set at 12" and I run an Octura X 460 prop.

Ron the pipe I have is the black one, do you know the appox. length for that one, this is the first Mac motor I,ve owned I have been running CMB so I am in the dark on this one, the prop you run sounds good. is there anything else I might want to know about running this boat, and thanks for your help chuck

Ron the pipe I have is the black one, do you know the appox. length for that one, this is the first Mac motor I,ve owned I have been running CMB so I am in the dark on this one, the prop you run sounds good. is there anything else I might want to know about running this boat, and thanks for your help chuck
Ive found the Mac likes the parobolic better than the ab. The cmb likes a ab or if the boats is a tail dragger like the 8255 a macs 13cc works well start with a x457 and work up to the x460 or you will get tired of launching it

Chuck;

With the black AB quiet pipe, try a length of 11-3/4 to 11-7/8" can't remember what stinger reducer they recommend to use for a scale, some one else may chime in with that info.

as for prop, Ron is running good with his boat w/ the X460, I'd start smaller myself, could try the Y557 it's the same diameter as an X457 with 10% more pitch.

Rick Bellinger

Ive found the Mac likes the parobolic better than the ab. The cmb likes a ab or if the boats is a tail dragger like the 8255 a macs 13cc works well start with a x457 and work up to the x460 or you will get tired of launching it
Mikey the pipe you are talking about is that just a nitro pipe with an ad on muffler thanks

Chuck;

With the black AB quiet pipe, try a length of 11-3/4 to 11-7/8" can't remember what stinger reducer they recommend to use for a scale, some one else may chime in with that info.

as for prop, Ron is running good with his boat w/ the X460, I'd start smaller myself, could try the Y557 it's the same diameter as an X457 with 10% more pitch.

Rick Bellinger
Rick thanks for the tip on the prop, I like the 10% more pitch, and I think I will try that on my Miss Bud 2 wing also. chuck

Mikey the pipe you are talking about is that just a nitro pipe with an ad on muffler thanks

Chuck;

Rick Bellinger
Rick thanks for the tip on the prop, I like the 10% more pitch, and I think I will try that on my Miss Bud 2 wing also. chuck
MACS QUIET PIPE, A GUY IN THE CLUB RUNS THE NITRO WITH A MUFFLER WITH SUCESS ALSO. HE WAS HEAT RACING CHAMP AT THE NATS

Back