need some 3pk help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chas terrell

I purchased a used futaba 3pk megatech with the 2.4 gear in good shape some time ago .I'm unfamiliar with this equipment as I've utilized basic pistol grip radio gear such as futaba sport magnums. I have down loaded the manual from futaba.com for this radio and I can't seem to figure out how to set up and use my 3rd channel for my mixure control. I'm getting no response from servo and servo does work. I know this is an extremely popular radio that a lot of people own so if someone could walk me through this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks !!

You need to enable the 3rd channel then tell the radio what position you want the 3rd channel to be in, knob, switch, etc. Page 40 of the manual should explain it. If not, someone will chime in or I can grab one of mine and walk you through it.

Last edited:
sometimes it is the simplest things

Verify the 3rd channel is set to center

Verify the 3rd channel servo is good by plugging into channel 1 or 2 - disconnect any connected linkage before plugging in (see note below)

verify it is plugged in all the way

check to see if the 3 rd channel has been programmed to another switch - you can go into the menus or try the different switches to see if that works.

that is where I would start -

just a note - I have burnt new servos connecting a new radio just by having the setting to far off on the radio from setup that is in the boat- overloading/overdriving the servo

No, Anita and I unfortunately couldn't make it down.US Air cut down flights to Charleston early this year and the other two major airlines I have benefits with at Charleston international were completly booked which sux because we really wanted to attend, maybe next year. On a postive note I finally got my hands on a twin .90 outrigger which I'm attempting to use the 3pk with.

I've swap servos and verified operation, all 3 digital servos are working 6volt liFe battery is fully charged.I believe that my problem is that I've not assigned postions correctly I thought I did ,but obviously I haven't.I'm at work now so all I can do is continue to review the manual ,but I'm still drawing a blank here....

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Anita and I unfortunately couldn't make it down.US Air cut down flights to Charleston early this year and the other two major airlines I have benefits with at Charleston international were completly booked which sux because we really wanted to attend, maybe next year. On a postive note I finally got my hands on a twin .90 outrigger which I'm attempting to use the 3pk with.

I've swap servos and verified operation, all 3 digital servos are working 6volt liFe battery is fully charged.I believe that my problem is that I've not assigned postions correctly I thought I did ,but obviously I haven't.I'm at work now so all I can do is continue to review the manual ,but I'm still drawing a blank here....
Twins Rule ! Glad to see you have stepped up ! :D

Aaaawh I think I got it!!!! after you after you assign the funtion to channel you must push the ps3 button on the back of the transmitter to get the 3ch servo to operate per pg 40 refs pg 107, pg 107 refs pg 80, but non of these pages instructs you to press the PS3 still don't get the DL3 dial I selected for 3ch but I will continue to play around with.

sometimes it is the simplest things

Verify the 3rd channel is set to center

Verify the 3rd channel servo is good by plugging into channel 1 or 2 - disconnect any connected linkage before plugging in (see note below)

verify it is plugged in all the way

check to see if the 3 rd channel has been programmed to another switch - you can go into the menus or try the different switches to see if that works.

that is where I would start -

just a note - I have burnt new servos connecting a new radio just by having the setting to far off on the radio from setup that is in the boat- overloading/overdriving the servo
Yep, done that, bought another servo. Now when I set a radio up I set the End Point Adjustments so they barely move. If the servo is reversed from what I think it is then I don't blow them up anymore.

Back