Need prop suggestions for Pay'n Pak sport 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett randall

Looking for suggestions from all you Pay'N Pak owners...

Novarossi power...

K&B power...

turbine cowl...

rear driver/wing cowl...

Does any of it make a difference???

Any good bag props???

Mod props???

Thanks

Garrett Randall

Garrett

We have run the paynpak with both cowl styles and as cool as the front engine cowl looks... its is hard to get the boat to run well with it.

Ours are/were set up with K+Bs and have plenty of speed and power for this type of boat.

The trubine cowl allows for better handling and better cooling. Its easy to get a pipe (muffled or other) under the turbine tube. If you are using the stock cowl you need to run a front radio box. With the turbine cowl you have more options.

Props..we like the 1740/2 (bag) its a little tought to launch but for some resion its a good paynpak prop. A 1640 cupped works well also. We have been playing around with a H2 and i like it a ton but it has just a tad to much blade area for this applacation.

The 1.6 works OK and of cource most of the small X props..that is if you like the boat running with its nose in the air.. It takes a bunch of strut angel to get the boat to run right with an X prop. Another one that i like is the JG RG25 dont know if you can get this thing anymore but it works OK too.

If i was setting up another i would go with.

Squeaken-deeken-puddeninpie-mod-paynpak-hull

Turbine cowl

K+B motor

Brown muffled pipe

1740/2 bag or 1640 mod prop

Radio in back fuel cell up front.

If i was doing it for the looks it would be a kit version of the dumas boat..man it looks good when its done...

Grim

Look forward to seeing you may 8th

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ken

Yes, the Wake Walkers are running snort 20 (not a type-o). We anticipate quite a few new ones from last year.

I can send anyone who wants one a flyer. Just email me.

[email protected]

See the "general" section under the Wisconsin Wake Walkers thread for the complete class listing.

Garrett Randall

CD of the first D4 race of '04, should be interesting...

hay Garrett

do you guys have soft water over there yet?

can't wait for the first race!!!!!!!

got my Pay -n- Pak just about ready

see you there :D

Here in the South (haha) we got Liquid H2o, or is that redundant... :blink:

anyway, the water is ready...the buoys and grounds, however, are not...

we got some work to do between now and then.

Glad you're coming! Looks like sport 20 could be huge in D4 this year...

Garrett

Last edited by a moderator:
Garrett and Grim,

I can still get a limited amount of JG RG-25 and 27 propellers. In fact I have a few

in stock if you need any? Don't get many orders for a JG prop. I have a some

1740's in stock also, if you would like to try one. Garrett you are suppose to send

me back one of my early props that I need to fix for you right? Just let me know

and I will take care of your propeller needs.

Thanks, :)

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Mark

As far as the JG RG25..can you cut the hub shorter so that it fits on a 21 OB prop shaft? If so this makes a good 21 OB prop.

Grim

Mike,

I am sure I can handle that modification, No Problem. Just a little Grinding.

Thanks, :lol:

Mark Sholund

Latest posts

Back