Need help with sponson shingles

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Oxidean

Mornin' gents, I want to shingle the ride surface of the sponsons on my sport hydro, and would like to see pics, and a few explanations of affective shingling.

I need to know degree theory etc. please help, pics will help a lot thanx!

The boat will be running in straightline competition. And as most sport hydros it has dihedral in the sponsons..

Mornin' gents, I want to shingle the ride surface of the sponsons on my sport hydro, and would like to see pics, and a few explanations of affective shingling.

The boat will be running in straightline competition. And as most sport hydros it has dihedral in the sponsons..

Anybody???

Anybody???
What size sport boat you talking about? Use 1/8th ply for a gas hydro. ablut 1 inch between steps, straight across or angled.

I dont think there is any one set rule for these.

Hey Bill

I can make you a set out of carbon. The mold I built is 1"W x7.25"L. You can cut it up to what ever you want. They have a .055 depth of the shingle. You should need 2 to do a 60/gas boat.

Mike

It did not take the pics. Can not seem to get them uploaded for some strange reason. I give up. I can email them to you.

Mike

Is that oval all length of the boat? If it is, the shingle I have are probably on the big side. Each step is 1/2" apart.

Mike

Check out the free plans for the JAE line of hydro design at ZIPP KITS web site, simpler and more effective than the shingles.

Anybody???

Back