Need Help!! Hopper Tank

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnBoy

Hi I have a 32" Prather with a 7.5 K&B. I would like to setup a hopper tank and need some advise.

1. Is a 1oz tank big enough?

2. Plumbing is it exhaust pressure to big tank and big tank feed to small tank exhaust pressure. Then small tank feed to filter then carb?

3. Does the boat need to have the CG set again?

Anyone with pictures of their setup would be appreaciated.

Thanks, John Smith

Good Morning John!

Merry Christmas! Most of the other guys are still rooting around under the Christmas tree. But I'm all done with that and I can help you here.

A 1 oz. tank is a little too small. A 2oz. tank would work better for a 7.5 You have the fuel lines down perfect! You may want to check CG again. With the tank and extra lines it will change slightly.

Happy Holidays!

Ed Radz

John,

There are a lot of guys who swear by Hopper tanks and there performance. I on the other hand have eliminated them and by doing so have eliminated one more thing that can go wrong during the course of a race. Are you setting one up because you prefer them or that's the thing everyone else is doing?

GrimRacer said his tanks do not have the problems as a standard tank and do not need to add a hopper tank.

www.grimracer.com

Billy R.

Billy

Its not the tank persay, it is that the shape allows for a higher mount in the hull. Keep in mind that a high CG can be bad also so knowing how much fuel you realy need to finnish the race is a good thing.

One of the nice things about a metal fuel cell is that they can be made to fit most narrow cowls. It is just one more way to skin that cat.

I have to say im totaly with boats2 on this. Know what the goal is and then meet it. If the goal is to be like the other guy then ,, well this would be right also.. Hummm ..that proves it again there is no wrong way to have fun at this. However when it no longer is fun then it is best to ask questions with an open mind.

Billy say hi to Chris H and Mister D for us. I hope you guys have had a good racing seasion.

Grim

Billy,

I heard Mr. Dennis & sidekick Chris are going to Valdosta, Ga with there BIG bag of tricks. Them two boys are bad to the bone. Who built there motors.......HUMMMM!!!!!! LOL ;D

TIM

PB Racing

p.s. I like Grim's tanks......... : :)

Well I do not know what tricks they will bring, but I have talked to chris and he said he is going. Those **** Nova's!!!!! Well Chris and Willie D. built their own as far as they will tell. What have they done, well they will not tell-- Mr. Willie D. said he has not touched his. Believe or not...... we might never know.

Billy R.

Precisions makes the cranks and PTO's but the rest is a secret. The rest is all stock. ;D

I just wanted to take a minute and say hi to the Grimracer and Precision boats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Hope you and your family are well. It would be fun to be able to race with you again sometime.

For those that do not know the dudes from MMB are fast bunch tunnel boys thats for sure and it is good to have them stoping by to say hi.

O yea also i have never seen anybody drink as much ice tea as Chris in one sitting. Holy cow. Im sure the ride back home from the 2002 internats for those guys was drive :-X and pee ;D, drive :-X and pee ;D, drive :-X and pee ;D.

Rock On

grim

uhhohh :'(, sounds like we are gonna have some stiff competition at Valdosta......better start tweaking my O.S..... hehehehe....... gotta start somewhere right?

~ James

Yes, James you better start tweaking the OS. ;) I am sure there will be some stiff competition, but I sure it will not be me. :D I will see you there when I pass you on the lap around. JUST KIDDING!!!!!! :D :D :D

Mike, my family and I are doing well and I hope yours is doing the same. I hope you got your transmission fix on your truck with no paint scratches. :(

Also, I would like to get another chance to race with the Grimracer. I had a lot of fun in Indiania. This will be my second year to race, so I can no longer call my mistakes (Rookie Mistakes). ;)

I will talk to you later, Chris

Hi Chris,

Good to hear from you. How's MR. Willie? I heard that he had been doing some fishing.........for a boat that is, did he have any luck.

Hey Grim, Them two boys don't ever send me there motor to work on.... Boy I would love to L@@K under the hood just once please.....I will pay for shipping LOL

Chris you an Mr. Willie drive safe an kick some but!!@

remember your tunnel runs faster with PB decals LOL ;D

Tim

for the hopper tank, i have them in every boat i race .i try to use 2oz whenever i can . yes valdosta should fun and very competitive. i will see you guys there.

Back