Need A New Flex Shaft

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adcuevas

I am VERY new to this hobby. I don't even know if I am doing this post correctly. I am not sure what kind of boat I have or even the type of engine. I believe the engine is a Magnum .21. the side of the engine says PRO 21R. I need a new flex shaft for my outboard. I think I attached a picture. If anyone knows who I can contact or how to go about getting a new shaft with only demensions of the old one I would be greatly appriciative!!!!! I can also email anyone more pics. the shaft is square on both ends and round in the middle. The overall length is 3 5/8" long. The length of the ends that are square is 5/8" and the middle area that is round is 2 3/8". The thickness measured at one square end is close to 1/8". If these are measured in millimeters then it would be whatever millimeter that is just less than 1/8". I hope some of this info is good enough to get me going in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for anyone's time!!!

Andrew

View attachment 2821

Hi Andrew, welcome to intlwaters. The motor you have is a Thunder Tiger PRO-21MOB outboard engine. they are no longer produced but dont give up, there are flex shafts out there! maybe post a want ad in the for sale forum for "flex shaft needed for Thunder Tiger outboard".

I know some of the guys in here used to mess around with them and probably have a shaft assembly laying around somewhere....

~ james

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your time on replying to my needs!!

If anything you at least let me know what kind of engine I am running!!

I will try the things you said, but it sure does suck to find out that my engine is no longer produced!

But heres to tryin!!!

Thanks again!

Andrew

Hey James.

I replyed before I even looked at the links you sent.

So I'm replying again to once again say thanks.

That link to Tim Duggan's page was interesting. Even if everything he was talking about wasn't English to me it sure sounded cool! :)

I will try to contact the company that hopefully has the flex shaft I need tomorrow.

I also included a picture of the engine since the last one was of a split bottom half.

Thanks again,

Andrew

View attachment 2830

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I could help! , looks like the Grimracer has you covered.....

~James

Hey Grim,

Thanks for your post! I sent you an email and hope you can help!!

I will be waiting patiently!

Thanks again,

Andrew

Back