Need A Little Prop Help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PrecisionBoats

Hey,

OK here's the story, I've built a small hydro for my girlfriend with a .16 Duratrax pull start motor. I went and built a fly wheel and a a motor mount for it. The hull is a 26" Unlimited Hydro made by Hydro&Marine and was purchased from Fine Design RC. I have tried different props but still haven't found one that lets the motor free up some. If anyone has done anything like this and can maybe give some tips it would help.

Thanks

Josh

Hi Josh,

I ran one of Tom's Firefighter .12 riggers and had my best luck with a stock Octura 1938, just polished and balanced.

Gene ;D

Hey Guys,

Still no luck with props. I'm going to be ordering a sluu of props from octura real soon. I'm going to the lake today and try a modified X438. Maybe it might work a little better. Hear are a few pictures of it so far. Still no paint.

Josh

hydro.jpg

: :) If I see the picture right that is the smallest three blade octura mades, X437/3 and is way too much prop for a .15 motor. You would be best to go to the stepped down 3/16 to 1/8 prop shaft and try a X432 or so . I run X437/3 props on .21 powered monos and they require a lot of torque to get up when submerged and will only unload when they are @ 50% in water SURFACE DRIVE !

Good luck ;D Scott

Back