need a little help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Taylor

i am building an outboard kneeler was wondering what motor and esc to use nothing fancy just a play boat I have an old K&B leg I converted for electric with an old astro flight cobalt I know it is outdated tech

boat is 34 1/2 in length what will work best with a Hyperion 3s 11.1 lipo any advice will help thanks Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pictures of two nitro tunnel conversions that might also help. They show the sealed radio box as well as the outboard conversion kit. In this case it's for an OS, but the K&B is similar. Note the heat shrink over brass tubes on the outlets to the motor and the separate cover for the battery area. That saves tape when you charge between heats.

Lohring Miller

P1010089.JPG P1010094.JPG P1010096.JPG P1010097.JPG TS-3 001.jpg TS-3 004.jpg

thanks for info , how did you mount the radio box in the boat ? did you glue it in or velcro. I'm trying to build my first FE tunnel and want to be able to convert it back

to a nitro boat if needed. great pics for figuring out wear everything goes .

cheers

The red tunnel had the radio box screwed in and constructed so it could be converted back. The white boat had the tank hump cut away to clear the radio box. That box was glued in with silicone. I recommend the glued in radio box for durability. You can usually cut through the silicone if necessary.

Lohring Miller

Back