• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Need a .12 Carb. Nova/KRE/Orlic/OS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have 2. One for each of my motors. Thought I had an extra that came with another deal but that might have been a modified kb black carb. Sorry
Mike

Tyler
I have a box full of stuff from Scott Bouchie and I think there is one or two little carbs. Let me look into it later today.

Alex

Tyler,

The Nova-12.250” stock carb works great on those engines as Glenn will tell you. I have all of the aftermarket carbs. Zoom-12, KRE-12, Orlic-12, and a few others that I had made for me and you will not find anymore performance from any of these others.
Glenn did make us some 90*-degree fuel inlet fittings that are really nice if you want to run a cowl. I have a really nice fuel cell with a curved top that acts as my cowl, it is the way to go in my opinion. “Keep It Simple” Also, it will take about three laps to warm these little engines up as you may know already. Carbon pipes work Very Well keeping the heat in these engine as well. SPP pipes work really well especially the newest design from Ric Wally.👍

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

If Mike H. The German, Mark Sholund or Glenn Quarles are unable to find a .12 Carb for you, I have a like new K&B Black .267” bore Carb w/sleeved neck that fits on a Nova .12 (Joe Monohan made for me.) And I have a like new Nova Factory 6.5mm dia. .12 Carb as well. I’d prefer to keep them since I run .12 boats myself, but if your in a bind I’m happy to help a fellow boater. See you at the Nats!
Brian Neumann
1687913369300.jpeg

Last edited:
Tyler
I digged through all boxes and all I found was a 13 mm neck 7.5 mm ( 0.295”) bore carb that Scott made years ago.

Alex

Thanks for the replies guys. I have an Orlic carb in an older .12 JAE which I really like and built a 2nd lightweight JAE .12 since one can never have enough riggers. I sleeved a K&B black carb for the first run, but had some trouble trying to find a needle setting. I am running a remote third channel so I ground the K&B needle down but this seems to have affected the fuel introduction into the venturi. Checking on a flow meter I am running flowrates more appropriate for a 21 than a 12.

So I am after a different carb hopefully closer to the Orlic which I know runs smooth. Here is the Orlic in the one of the .12's.

Ric's JAE 12 Pic 2.jpg

Here is the new boat with the K&B:
JAE 12 Lightweight Pic 24.jpgJAE 12 Lightweight Pic 28.jpgJAE 12 Lightweight Pic 17.jpg

Quit crying LOL! Take the OEM needle completely out and put a fuel barb in there. I don't have an Orlic for you. But I do have about anything else that you want. The K&B black carb has a .262 bore that works well with the .12 motors. I have rotating and slide barrel carbs for you to try if you want to go that way. Just tell me that you want to try them next time. The O.S. needle that you are using has pretty course threads that can be very sensitive with the .12 motors. Most that I have tried have lateral motion as well. With the .12s it always appeared that the mixture was changing from the vibration. Like I told you before, you can even put a control arm on the K&B needle that is in the carb and use it as a remote mixture needle. It has very fine threads for mixture adjustments on the small displacement motors and works very well that way.
Just get another "Kitchen Pass" and come on back over with fewer boats! 😂🤣😂🤣 We will get it running!

I tried a New K&B Black Carb on my Nova .12 several years back & it ran great initially. Then after a few races/test sessions I started having difficulty keeping needle setting consistent. And my Flow meter #’s were way off from initial setting after a run. Tried a 2nd new Black carb and same thing happened. I discovered issue was air bubbles coming from threads of needle at tension nut while flowing the carb. Tried usual tricks to stop air leak w/o any luck. Suspect engine vibration (as mentioned above) caused both new carbs to develop air leaks since both ran great initially? The Black carbs do work great on Nova .12’s after disabling or capping off original needle, using a remote needle instead (just my experience.) My KRE Carb has been awesome been running it for several years now. Also the 6.5mm factory Nova .12 Carb works great too! And Frank Orlic Carbs are an awesome choice if you can get one? I regret selling mine to Glenn, don’t know what I was thinking!!!
Brian Neumann

I never had any luck with a needle style 3rd channel. It would always change flow readings the more fuel went thru the needle. The space between the seat and the needle is hair thin when it comes to the flow of the 12. Nothing was consistent. I did some bench testing with just pumping fuel thru the needle. Kept checking as I went and saw the reading keep climbing and leaning out. I believe it to be the oil that is building up on the surface of the seat and needle. I ended up going with a fuel doctor style needle. Aeromarine had one that was small and perfect for the 12s.
Mike

Mike,

Do you have a picture of that fuel doctor type unit?
Are they still available from Aeromarine?

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

Good point Mike, I had same trouble with all sorts of remote & inline needles testing carbs w/o a needle on my Nova 12’s. I found the OS “In-Flight” Needle, plus Perry 3rd Channel & Perry In-line Manual Adj. Needle Valves worked best, kept my flow # setting & didn’t leak. Got a KRE Carb from Ken, he was nice enough to make an extra side plate/spraybar for me to try out a Carb mounted OS Needle. Simplified setup w/manual style that fits pattern of OS inflight needle for several years and it worked out great! Engine vibration hasn’t affected needle setting, that style OS Needle holds the flow #s I set it to.
Brian Neumann

Mike,

Do you have a picture of that fuel doctor type unit?
Are they still available from Aeromarine?

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund
They are not. Boat needs cleaning. So this is the best picture you get.
Mike

20230703_051747.jpg

Last edited:
Mike,

Thanks for the picture. I found the three that I had.

Much Appreciated Mike,

Mark Sholund

Tyler,
Did you end up finding a Carb?
Sorry for sidetracking the thread, but I did see some good ideas & learned a few things!
Brian Neumann

Back