Naviga World Champs in Norway - live

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Niklas,

Congrats on qualifying. The first world champs in any type of competition is memorable. Thoughts of my first pylon racing (F5D) world champs still puts a smile on my face.

Good luck in the finals!

The finals in hydro is just now run...

Winner 3.5 is Jörgen Andersson - Eagle SGX-1 / Mac / Futaba

(I had some shitty runs and finished 7:th)

Winner in 7.5 is KG Noddeland - Eagle SGX / CMB / Futaba

Second place : Jörgen Andersson / Eagle SGX / Mac / Futaba

Winner 15 cc: KG Noddeland / Eagle SGX / CMB / Futaba.

Off-shore finals is after lunch.

The finals in hydro is just now run...

Winner 3.5 is Jörgen Andersson - Eagle SGX-1 / Mac / Futaba

(I had some shitty runs and finished 7:th)

Winner in 7.5 is KG Noddeland - Eagle SGX / CMB / Futaba

Second place : Jörgen Andersson / Eagle SGX / Mac / Futaba

Winner 15 cc: KG Noddeland / Eagle SGX / CMB / Futaba.

Off-shore finals is after lunch.

Thanks for posting the results Niklas!

Congrats to Jorgen Andersson for his Awesome results at his first World Champs event.

And Congrats to Kjhell Noddeland for his superb finishes in 7,5 and 15 cc Hydro.

Thanks again Niklas.....NAVIGA ROCKS!! :)

Al sits in our tent now and says I should also mention that Sara Brooks won junior hydro 3.5 cc with here Mac!

Camillo says Mac "finito" but performance here says the oposite... :D

Ciao for now, barbeque starts in 2 hours. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Niklas,

Lots of very nice looking boats in the Off-shore class....Awesome. Thanks for posting those pics too! B)

Andy

Andy, Would you explain the format of the worlds?

Thanks,

Allen

Everyone runs four qualification rounds which are spilt into two different days of the week like say, two rounds on Monday then 2 rounds on Wed. This gives a day off to sort things out if you have problems in the first two rounds. Points are accumulated as normal.

From there the top Eight boats go into the final and all eight boats run together for four more rounds. All four of these rounds are run back to back....just refuel and go again. A backup boat is allowed and most of the racers do have one sitting there all tuned up and ready to go, just incase. In these finals there is no time to fix anything. Very intense racing! B)

Andy, Would you explain the format of the worlds?

Thanks,

Allen

Everyone runs four qualification rounds which are spilt into two different days of the week like say, two rounds on Monday then 2 rounds on Wed. This gives a day off to sort things out if you have problems in the first two rounds. Points are accumulated as normal.

From there the top Eight boats go into the final and all eight boats run together for four more rounds. All four of these rounds are run back to back....just refuel and go again. A backup boat is allowed and most of the racers do have one sitting there all tuned up and ready to go, just incase. In these finals there is no time to fix anything. Very intense racing! B)
sounds that way. Thanks

Actually this time they raced final #1 in 3.5 cc first followed by #1 in 7.5 cc and then #1 in 15 cc... Then round #2 etc, etc.

But still, very intense for shure.

Do note also that when its your qualifying day there is nooooooo practice. That is in the evening before (5 minutes only). So you will fire up your engine the first time that day when you are on the pontoon and have 2 minutes to drop it in the water... :blink: :)

What I understand there is just one place that actually has made an official request to hold the next NAVIGA world champs and that is in Leno Italy (early august 2008). Its being decided though at the official NAVIGA AGM in November or something like that.

Goooood night, we have had our barbecue now and need some sleep...

Ps, message from Al Hobbs: MAC lives in the winners'cicle!

Ciao, Niklas

The pics are awesome,the site pretty nice and thanks for the excelent report...I wish to attend one World one day!.

Gill

Niklas

if possible could you please pass on our support to the OZZIES Paul Osmond, Roger brookes and his girls.

Regards

Dave

Salisburypipes

Niklas

if possible could you please pass on our support to the OZZIES Paul Osmond, Roger brookes and his girls.

Regards

Dave

Salisburypipes
Hi Dave,

"Too" late, Im back at home in Sweden now and the aussies are flying back to down-under today... Paul and Sarah did good anyway - Sarah is the junior World Champ in hydro 3.5! :)

Thanks Andy and everybody else for the nice comments.

I am of course very pleased with my results at the Worlds, thanks everybody!

After 15 days at the Worlds, 522 boats from 30 different countryes taking part in the racing it is time to relax and take it all in.

It was a great race at a fantastic location. Well orginazed and very few problems. Next Worlds Championship will be held in Italy 2008. Hopefully we will see even more countries taking part. What do you say - full team from the USA? Each country have three places in each class, 21, 45 and 90 in the Hydro event. In Sweden we have five rounds in our championship and the year before the Worlds we use our championship as qualification for the Worlds. The first three will be qualified for the Worlds.

We are a bunch of Hydro racers that plan to attend your nationals in San Francisco next year....

Rock on!

Jorgen Andersson

normal_4311_JAwin21.jpg

Latest posts

Back