Naviga World Champs in Norway - live

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niklas Edlund

Howdy boat friends,

We're hooked up on the wireless broadband connection at the race site now. Our camper is about 100 meters from the lake... :p

Today sunday is registration and the open "outlaw" practice at the 2 practice lakes starts at 14.00-19.00. There is no practice in the race lake until tomorrow monday afternoon. Its cloudy, a little rain and windy today... I'll upload some pics later on. Ciao, Niklas

Edit, update: WC pictures found here:

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=590

Last edited by a moderator:
Niklas,

Thanks for the post,I was wondering if anyone on I/W was going to cover the event.

We sure would like to see some pictures of the Worlds Boats. We are really interested

in the quiet pipes and how everyone stays below 80 dbs. I hope Anders and Roger do

well with our Props-4-U propellers. :D It should be an exciting week in Norway,I hope to

go to The Worlds one year. :D

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

can you tell me what's the use of the plate mounted on side of the boat use for. thanks. jeff.

Jeff,

I believe that is for the number system that they use in the race.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

It will be interesting to see how Al and Andy do over there as well.....

I heard that Is Al Hobbs ready be race 3 Eagle SGX ( 21, 45 and 90) Entry for FSR-H also Andy maybe go help pit for him? GOOD LUCK!! ;)

Niklas,

Thanks for the post,I was wondering if anyone on I/W was going to cover the event.

We sure would like to see some pictures of the Worlds Boats. We are really interested

in the quiet pipes and how everyone stays below 80 dbs. I hope Anders and Roger do

well with our Props-4-U propellers. :D It should be an exciting week in Norway,I hope to

go to The Worlds one year. :D

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund
Howdy Mark,

Well I dont know if Im official regarding reporting... But Ill do my best. I guess its more people with lap-tops here on-site also. Anders is 3 meter from me now eating some smelly cheese and drinking wine with Mikael Pertulla, myself and Jörgen...

Mark: Anders havent tested yet so I dont know how the props work. I can tell him to post here to tell you the progress. There is 1 heat per class and its 5 minutes - that ALL the practice anybody will get on the race site before the qualifying starts on tuesday... Ouch.

I have takes some pics today - will download them from the camera and post them a little later. We need to make some food first and relax some...

Me and Jörgen have been at the practice lake and did some laps (no bouys there though). I had some new motors that wasnt so easy to get going so I put in an older one and it was fine. As its a little higher altitude etc then what we are used to in Sweden we need to run a little longer pipes and cant produce the same power - the engines sound less anyway. I think we will manage (in 3.5 hydro) dB wise with a std CMD fat pipe - I hope... :blink: A stock CMDi 45 pipe is no way though in std form.

Ciao for now, Niklas

Hey Niklas, Have a web cam?
Nope - dont think so. I have my camcorder though - I will see how much time to edit them tough - If everything goes well maybe I can upload some short movies. But I dont know the bandwith here.

I heard that Is Al Hobbs ready be race 3 Eagle SGX ( 21, 45 and 90) Entry for FSR-H also Andy maybe go help pit for him? GOOD LUCK!! ;)
Al is here. All his stuff is here also - just 1 day later. Andy I belive is still in Live Oak so Al needs to manage by himself so to speak.

It will be interesting to see how Al and Andy do over there as well.....
Andy isnt here and will not come.

can you tell me what's the use of the plate mounted on side of the boat use for. thanks. jeff.
Yes, as Mark mentioned its an Naviga rule that everybody has to use and spec numberplate. In the heats you will get an different boat number for each heat so you change the plates for each heat. Also, for those that dont have an AMB personal transponder you also need to acommondate an external transponder that you borrow that is bolted to that spec size plate base with an L-angle.

We have a "good" place right now, some "powder sand" but it`s all right :) .

I will test tomorrow at the "official training".

I think that there will not be any problem.

Mark, i have just tested the 5,3 and 5,6" cup and it was a little easy to pull so right now i will test the 6,0 cup and se how that works.

That is what i ran before at home.

Anders

I think we will manage (in 3.5 hydro) dB wise with a std CMD fat pipe - I hope... blink.gif
Niklas,

i'd be carefull about that.... peter schaft gave me a noise warning in a local dutch race using that pipe.

I had to change back to the older std parabolic to be within noise limits. the fat pipe is just a bit louder.

good luck

I think we will manage (in 3.5 hydro) dB wise with a std CMD fat pipe - I hope... blink.gif
Niklas,

i'd be carefull about that.... peter schaft gave me a noise warning in a local dutch race using that pipe.

I had to change back to the older std parabolic to be within noise limits. the fat pipe is just a bit louder.

good luck
Ok, I hear you... :rolleyes: We'll see - it seemed to be less dB then at home though. But we have an solution (I think) for that also - still with the "chubby" one... :D 3 strikes and out - right? LOL

Qualifying outriggers after 2 heats:

http://www.rcboat2006.com/results/results_...rh_01082006.htm

I had an dnf in heat one (3.5) but did better in heat 2 with a win. :p

Top dB score of the day: Anders Martinelle in 15 cc - 87.1 dB. :D

Official photo gallery:

http://www.rcboat2006.com/photo_gallery/ph...worlds_2006.htm

Niklas,

As you know ther has been some dicsusion on use of db meters. Would you mind sharing how you all measure DB's across the big pond? Whatdistance? What meter? and if it is at all possible were we might be able to read you all's complete rule on noise. I know that you all are very busy and I don not expect you to do any of this till after the event is over but the information could possible help some of across the big pond get a fair and repetatable rule.

Sincerely,

Allen Waddle

You can reed the Naviga noise rules HERE.

In addition to that :

The Db-meters must be calibrated and certified by a official authority ,

and if there are more of them in use the reading differences must be noted.

Thanks for all the Awesome photos Niklas. Good luck with the remainder of your qualifying rounds.

Naviga Rocks!

Andy

Thanks for all the Awesome photos Niklas. Good luck with the remainder of your qualifying rounds.

Naviga Rocks!

Andy
Hi Andy,

Thanks.

Naviga "rocks": But for Jörgen and me its a BIG suprise and learning period to get used to all the "different" driving styles here... B) As you know also.

It would have been nice to see you here also but Al is doing fine here also except some radio issues with one (at least) making him feeling the rocks on land... :(

We have a couple of off-days now when they run the off-shore classes and V boats. So we will take it easy but I will upload more pics etc later on...

More pics:

http://www.rcboat2006.com/photo_gallery/ph...worlds_2006.htm

Results (yesterday outriggers):

http://www.rcboat2006.com/results/results_...rh_01082006.htm

Ciao for now,

/Niklas

Sorry for not writing more in the thread. But as these is so many boats and racing here one gets lost in the process somewhat. We have been kicking back and relaxing a lot. We in the hydro classes ended the qualifying on saturday.

It was kind of tough for me but I managed to Q for 7:th place in the main - in my first RC boat world champs ever (I have done a few World Champs in RC cars though). My team mate Jörgen Andersson also managed to make it into the Hydro 3.5 final (4:th) and he was TQ in 7.5.

The qualifying is over now for all classes. It has been 20 minute practice heats for all finalists today also. Booth me and Jörgen is quite pleased with our rides for the moment. Just after the hydros stoped the main practice it started to rain and it still does... We'll see what the weather will be tomorrow morning though when the 4 finals are run.

I have uploaded more pics now in my gallery wich you can find here:

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=590

Ciao, Niklas

Back