Mythical Creatures

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are you going with these Larry?
default_smile.png

I had my M-13 Dragon framed up and sheeted last spring, then all my projects went on hold when my employer cut our hours and started laying people off. I took close to an $800.00 a month hit to my income but 350 other people lost their jobs. Somewhere along the line I misplaced the photos of my build. Last week I joined the center section and sponsons:C06967F7-C856-4771-9F2B-64B83C978FFA.jpeg

Whatcha cooking Mike?? You guys are wanting to make me start building again!!!

Ive been working on my M-18 build a bit this week. I dont have enough clamps to work on both sponsons simultaneously, so I glued the non trip to one sponson yesterday, and the other is curing today. Ill start fitting decks to the center section tomorrow.

3B8B7CB6-B398-4BB9-9FAF-968A3DF56052.jpegB30A2F86-8CAF-4E61-8460-36427979F523.jpegF0445B5B-4FF5-44C5-9BEA-3EE39A493246.jpeg

I guess it depends on how fast you want to build , but how many clamps do you normally use in a build Kris ?

You guys are making me want to set up a workbench and jig - rockets are fun and all, but after a few dozen scratch builds- unless your taking major steps forward / dual deploy, ect =$$$ - the joy of building gets kinda redundant. I'm getting the tunnel itch again
default_sleep.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I use west systems epoxy. I let everything cure for 24 hours. No need to be in a hurry, I use as many clamps as are neeeded depending on how the parts lay down together, sometimes if the deck sheeting has a slight bow or on a compound curve I need to use more clamps to get a good fitting glue joint. I’m sure there are other ways of going about it.

Just an FYI, Ive used both West Systems epoxy - really like the 207 hardener - and System Three. System Three has a speciality epoxy that they call Clear Coat, it is a low modulus super thin epoxy, with adjustable cure time when used with their Turbo Cure, great for sealing prep before painting and when you need strength without typical build up (less weight). Cant wait for warm water again, got some new props to try (1515s) but set up is there with my Wallsterized 1440s. Love my Dragon from Down Under! Now back to my Whip 20 build
default_smile.png

Wallster

Latest posts

Back