My new NX 320

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PM me your addy and I will send it out for you...just sitting here not being used and have no plans to use it...

Rene,

That good old saying "test test test" really does make a difference, starting to look faster with every video, before long she will be dialed in perfectly, I will be jealous and want one soon!!.

Beau

Kent I appreciate it but I know my Buddy has one here I can try. I still have not gone through all my props yet,LOL

Rene, what is your head clearance at? Did you use plastiguage? Or another method? Looking faster in each vid. I noticed in putting together my inboard ops next that the sleeve is SUPER tight and hand lapping with wd40 for an hour made almost no difference....good metallurgy. I think a lot of patience is going to be required to get these things to wake up and spin some rpm, lotsa friction going on right now.

Rene,

Thanks so much for sharing your build pics, and now the videos as your setup gets more and more dialed in. You are the first person that has run my nitro tunnels and really posted anything about it, let alone share videos. I am hoping my friend Buddy Lowe will have his NX320 dialed in in the next day or two in Charleston for the race this weekend. He just did get his put together earlier this week. I think he has a Nova Rosi on his, but not sure which model...for some reason the Keep 21 comes to mind if that is the name of it?

Anyways, looking good! Mike

Mark S....Thanks for helping Rene out with props. You helped Dick and I so much in the past with props for the older PS295 and it was much appreciated!

Mike and Kent,

Rene and I have a propeller plan to try on this set up.

We can always try plan B with some three blades also.

I have some ABC and Octuras to choose from if Rene

Needs more propellers.

Thanks For Your Inputs,

Mark Sholund

Eric,

Try some lapping compound or just run the motor in on the bench. Heat

Cycling the motor will break the motor in easier. I think OPS uses too much

Taper in their piston and sleeve set ups. A better carb is also in order on that

Motor fellas.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Mike and Kent,

Rene and I have a propeller plan to try on this set up.

We can always try plan B with some three blades also.

I have some ABC and Octuras to choose from if Rene

Needs more propellers.

Thanks For Your Inputs,

Mark Sholund
I have no doubt you will find the magic Mark...all of the props you have done for me work very well on my boats!! ; )

Thanks for all you do for us Mark!!

-Kent

Thanks Mike and there will be more to come and Thank You for the setup tips.Mark has always helped me wih a lot more than just propellers believe me Thanks Mark. Eric I left the squish open for the first day or running after that I squished it down some more and now going down for the last time.I am using small solder to measure.

Thanks Guys..

Rene

Rene, I measured the head clearance on mine out of the box and it was over .030"! Didn't even compress the .030 solder I used. Mine had 4 shims of different thicknesses, I had to pull all the shims to get it down to .007". This thing sucks serious fuel too....my Piped O.S. Ran proper at 175 on my gen 4 Boris meter....after a few tanks I started to tune the OPS and it cleaned out at 80. More than twice as much fuel! More than twice as much power? Can't wait to get mine on the water.

Mine too Eric but at least we can get it down with having to cut the head button.I have a 9 oz tank in the boatand I hope I have enough fuel for a race.

Back