MY JAE .12 RUNNING

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Reisinger

I AM HOPEING I CAN POST VIDEO OF THIS {IT WAS AWSUME }

THIS IS RUNNING WITH THE RUDDER AT FULL LEFT TO GET IT TO GO STREAGHT BUT WAS STILL AWSUME.

I WILL BE TALKIN TO ROD ABOUT GETTING IT TO GO STREIGHT AS SOON AS I GET HIS PHONE NUMBER.

RICK R

Talk to Mike or Jeff Schindler they had a similar problem. It may have been a rudder issue. Their boat is screaming now. Your boat is looking good. How about some pictures?

David

THIS IS RUNNING WITH THE RUDDER AT FULL LEFT TO GET IT TO GO STREAGHT BUT WAS STILL AWSUME.

I WILL BE TALKIN TO ROD ABOUT GETTING IT TO GO STREIGHT AS SOON AS I GET HIS PHONE NUMBER.

RICK R
Rick,Joe fixed the proublem and got it running wright.. his two friends watched it run and said thats one crazy running boat..runs like a bad azz.. we repainted it too. going to run her tue or wed...He even made a quick boat stand for it too.Its not done yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nessa: good looking paint job, did you paint the white first and then mask and cut the mask for the blue and red? let me know how you got those tight corners and sharp points. these boats are small and too hard to use pinstripe tape for masking the curves.

Nessa: good looking paint job, did you paint the white first and then mask and cut the mask for the blue and red? let me know how you got those tight corners and sharp points. these boats are small and too hard to use pinstripe tape for masking the curves.
It was painted white first.. Used 3" blue painter tape. Drawn the flames and ribbins and cut them out with a razor blade... then sprayed the blue flames first,then after that dried then sprayed the red ribbons.......Rick did you get ahold of Rod yet?

What rudder are you using? Prop has to be real sharp sponsons straight and what turn fin?

What rudder are you using? Prop has to be real sharp sponsons straight and what turn fin?
I BOUGHT THE SOLINGER RUDDER / IT NOW HAS A NEW BLADE .750TH LONGER .025 SS

I JUST DONE UP A 1440 PROP THINED AS MUCH AS I DARE BALANCED & RAZOR SHARP, MADE A NEW TURN FIN OUT OF MEDICAL GRADE STAINLESS .025TH .

SPONSONS ARE STREIGHT & SHARP .

MR ROD

CALLED ME YESTERDAY & ADVISED ME

SOMEONE NEEDS TO POST A TROUBLE SHOOTER PAGE THAT WOULD BE EASY TO READ / OR PRINT SO WE COULD WORK OUT ANY PROBLEMS BE FOR THEY PANIC {

RICK R

Get a Zipp rudder or fight on, we did for 2 months.
why do you think they have there parts for there health? those parts are made and tried on these riggers. I bet Rod and the other guys tried severial different parts and found out the parts there selling now worked the best for these JAE's.

why do you think they have there parts for there health? those parts are made and tried on these riggers. I bet Rod and the other guys tried severial different parts and found out the parts there selling now worked the best for these JAE's.

EXCUSE ME

U NEED TO LOOK AT ZIP-KITS SIGHT CLOSER {I BOUGHT THE Solinger Rudder FROM JOE }

ASSUMED I WAS BUYING THE BEST SEEING THAT I RUN A AIR COOLED ENGINE.

RICK R

Im just telling you from my experience it wont work. The rudder looks fine but we tried it first thinking the same and could not get the boat to go straight without full left until we ditched the rudder.

The Jae is a new and different animal,there are lots of things that have not been tried on it. Nessa what rudder do you have on your boat?

Ok Im a little confused there is a solinger rudder that.. If I understand correctly maybe too short correct? And then there is a ZippKit water cooled rudder that has a water cooling rudder blade. I am running an air cooled set up also and I have the solinger rudder. So, I take it that I will have to make a longer blade for the rudder bracket to make the rudder more effective correct? Mikey I saw you and your son run your .12 for the first time and not having enough rudder was the issue that day besides being Freezing cold in Huntsville. So with the new rudder length do you have enough to track straight and turn?

I had the Solinger rudder and zip-kits turnfin available through zip-kits on-line, and It required full left rudder input to go straight.

I changed alot of things one at a time and could not get it right.

Finally, I made a new turn fin out of 0.063 Scrap Aluminum and installed the Zip-kits .12 water pick-up rudder. I also put an 1/8 inch toe in on the right sponson, but this may not be necessary because my right sponson is bowed that much.

Glad to say that the boat runs straight and 55 mph. Sounds like a demon too.

I hope that helps you.

When I get everything figured out, I will try and make a troubleshooting thread, but I still have a lot of testing, tuning, and trying new setups and parts before I would begin to say I know it all. :rolleyes:

Edit- Mr King, I cut my zipkits rudder down, so I don't think it is the length that is the problem. The bottom of my rudder is 1-1/4 inches below the centerline of my strut same as with the solinger.

RICK R
Rick,Joe fixed the proublem and got it running wright.. his two friends watched it run and said thats one crazy running boat..runs like a bad azz.. we repainted it too. going to run her tue or wed...He even made a quick boat stand for it too.Its not done yet.
Miss H, very nice paint job. if you ever get some vids, I'd love to see and hear it scream.

99% of the time a mono or hydro pulls to the right it is because the rudder is to long. There are other things that will cause it, but on a 'new' boat that is most likely the problem.

The Jae is a new and different animal,there are lots of things that have not been tried on it. Nessa what rudder do you have on your boat?
All the hardwear is from zippkits..hubby been driving it and loves it. The trouble we had was in the cowl design that joe/hubby made for it... It would run and acted like a dog.. He had the air scoop facing the back of the boat.. So he fliped it around facing the front and she lit wrightup..Now the scoop is forcing the air wright down the carb...We read a thread on how much clearance between the cowl and carb on a rigger..He did 4 test runs before we repainted it...Rick I know you been expairmenting making and trying different turn fins on your rigger. Maybe you may have to go back to square one.

Back