MUTT Sport 40 with Nova Rossi 46

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

57fairlane500

A little video of breaking in the new wrap around 46 motor in a Sport boat.

Video.

Its not great quality, but you get the idea.

Looks and sounds good the way it is.....although rough race water may be trouble..... :)

In the video it was a 1455/3 at 4.2 pitch. We tried several different props including 1457/3, 1655 even a V955/3 with way too much pitch in it. It pulled all of them but the V955 with no problem.

This motor is going to make us take a whole new look at what props we use on the sport boats so I cant say just yet what we will end up with, but it is going to be fun learning what all it will pull. I will keep notes and update anyone that is interested in what we find during testing. I cant wait to see this thing run once it's broken in as we have less then a half a gallon through it so far.

Kelly,

I would work with the 1457/3 if I was you.

Less cup but more center of blade pitch in it.

You may want to reduce the diameter a little bit so it

does not ill handle in the corners. Also, you may want to look

at some two blades again. H-18, & 1457.

Nice Set Up,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mike I'm not holding the camera Brian Buass is. I couldn't make it down there. The boat looks great! It needs more prop and it will be a team effort its nice when you have a nationls winning boat and a couple others to compare it to. Greg

A carbon fiber pipe that Brian Buaas built. It has similar dimensions to the MAC's 10cc pipe, but rings much better. I have an updated version of it that I am going to try and test tomorrow if the weather will co-operate.

Back