Mutt II response from seller

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

I got an e-mail from the seller of the Mutt II, he couldn't post it so he asked if I would...........................

Dear Rodney:

I was writing you because I am unable to post a response on the international waters site.

I was hoping to be able to defend myself on the site, but for some reason it will not allow me to post a quote. Maybe you can forward this or relay it in some way.

There are a lot of people that don't get along very well with Mark Anderson that reside in district 19. He has alienated a lot of people including myself. There is no doubt that he knows how to build a sport 40 Hydro. I think the Mutt boat is the best design out there, But he will not sell them to anyone he doesn't like or that he feels can beat him with it racing.

Through different channels, I have collected three of his boats. It is very arrogant of him to think that someone couldn't take one and make a very good copy, maybe even make a few changes and make it better.

I had two of the replica's and no matter what Eric Bourlet thinks about me or the boat, it is exactly like the Mutt on the bottom, and the top might even be better, making it a very durable boat.

I think it is great that they posted my boat on this site, and making a link so that over 600 people can go and see it.

I am just trying to make some space in my shop not make anyone upset, so I am sorry If I hurt anyone's feelings."

I had two of the replica's and no matter what Eric Bourlet thinks about me or the boat, it is exactly like the Mutt on the bottom, and the top might even be better, making it a very durable boat.
Russ

I have to disagree with you on the bottom of the boat. It is nothing like a Mutt. There ae no air dams on the after plane. The break in the bottom is 5" farther forward. The recover pads are much deeper than the Mutt. The sponson pads do not step down away from the sponson non trip like the Mutt. The only thing that resemble the bottoms is the Russ Nachtweih channels next to the recovery pads. As to the top, the Mutt has a full center section cowling that is lower than the sponson tops. Your does not. Yes the style of the cowl is similar, but not really. This is a boat that Alfred Lanza designed. It was a copy of an Arno Birts wood hull that he bought. Arno lives here in the NW. Lets call a spade a spade. Arno Birts replica for sale.

Mike

PS Rodney I think Mark was trying to say [SIZE=21pt]BANG BANG[/SIZE] :p :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Thats Really Different,,How he can't post or write a topic on here is really the intresting part. You can copy any boat but usually all those designs take a certain amount of "tweaking" to make them a great boat, and the Mutt is surely no exception.

But I agree with you on one part, many members from District 8 have been hard to get next to in the past, I've felt like an "intruder" a few times while racing with certain members, even with the limited time I've had time to race. But they have come a long way from where they were, friendly greetings and a helping hand have been known to happen recently, and I think that's great, makes it alot more fun to go. But I think the "majority" of it just has to do with growing up; people "grow" at different rates, and that goes for me too :)

Jerry Wyss said:
But I think the "majority" of it just has to do with growing up; people "grow" at different rates, and that goes for me too :)
100477[/snapback]

Jerry, **** straight, Grow UP! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Boy, I Fell Into That One! :lol:

Why couldn't that guy post a reply?? :huh:

Jerry Wyss said:
:lol:   :lol:   :lol: Boy, I Fell Into That One! :lol: Why couldn't that guy post a reply?? :huh:

100481[/snapback]

Face it Jerry you are always falling into something and if you are like me you will never grow up, not even when you get to my age. LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

missbudpilot55 said:
Face it Jerry you are always falling into something and if you are like me you will never grow up, not even when you get to my age. LOL

YYYYEEEEHHHHHAAAAA!! Gawd!, I Like That Kinda Talk!! :lol: :lol: :p

I was "bouncing" back and forth between, "being a man" about things or "grow up"

about things. I guess my Mother said it best, "Well, There's People and Then there's People" :blink: But She say's That about Everything :lol:

Layton

I had not seen this post before. And my body hurts from laughing. I have never refused to sell a boat to anybody except the seller. I have alot of friends in southern California. After a disagreement at the Nats the seller threatened to pull a mold off my boat to get back at me for talking mean to him. If he has come up with a better boat cool! I hope he sells a lot of them

I don't build many boats so they are very hard to get. 99% of my production goes to G&M Models in Chicago. I never got into this to build alot of boats or to build a boat for the masses.

Not sure what I did to offend Jerry, but if he has something against me thats his deal. I have probably spent more time in the last 10 years trying to help others with their stuff, from opening my shop 2 nights a week to holding seminars over the winter a couple of years ago, than most ever think of doing.

This sucks that some shmuck that won't even flame me himself could promt you to ask me to defend myself.

If he has improved on my boat and built his own then why not go set a bunch of records, win a bunch of races and let his creation sell it's self instead of using our success to try to sell his junk?

Mutt Hydros- NAMBA National record holder

IMPBA National record holder

4 time NAMBA National Champion

In the future Rodney you may want to let people tell there own stories. You were used!

This is the last that I will contribute to this subject.

My and Erics original posts were trying to educate people about a false advertisement, and now I find myself defending my reputation from a spineless blind attack.

Mark

Layton, I did not feel the need to respond to Russ Starks claims. In my previous post I stated undisputable facts. Check out my reputation in the racing community I have no need to lie or misrepresent. If Russ told the truth he got a couple of boats that Alfred Lanza built. Alfred had trouble getting the things to corner and moved on to other things. Alfred did indeed own a Mutt II and then decided to try his own thing this is what Russ has, they are Alfred’s creation and are not even close to the Mutt II. I have been a bit afraid to respond to Russ Starks deceptions because the guy has many lawers and more money than horse sense. I also felt that Mike Hughes comments were factual and to the point. For all I care I hope that Russ makes a fortune selling the Alfred Lanza boats, I wish him the best I just do not think it fair to deceive people that do not know they are in no way a Mutt II.

I also find it rather interesting that everyone else is able to post to this forum just fine. And please note that I allways sign and stand behind what I say and do not have to drag others in to speak for me.

Eric Bourlet

NAMBA Sport Hydro Chair

2 time NAMBA Sport 40 Nationals Champion

Current 1 mile NAMBA competition record holder

NAMBA GX1 Sport Hydro Nationals Champion

well said. listen guys Mark and Eric. I have seen and heard only good things about both of you and the mutt II. I wasn't trying to get you all to defend yourselves for any reason. This guy was saying that Mark didn't want to sell certain people his boat and i just wanted to know the facts, that's all folks.

Just for the record , in post #5 of this topic I never mentioned anyones name. I hold no "grudge" with Mark, as a matter of fact the two of us have never had any kind of conversation. My point was that's it's a better time now, many greetings and it's really Cool. Last year Dave Solway walked out an shook my hand and said

"nice to see you Jerry" at Springfield , what Dave didn't know is that "diadetes" had my mind so screwed up I didn't know how to respond, I had to leave that race

cause I just couldn't concetrate. I just had to mention that cause I admire the man as I do many others from up North dist 8. :)

The b&^%ch i8s Mark is right, I was used. A couple days later I saw Russell was loged on as his aol screen name. He should have posted. That's what I get for thinking I was being a nice guy.

ok boys here we go Mark you may have never refused to sell a boat to someone but you have a way of putting someone off with this excuse or that excuse too the point of they finally give up or get the idea finally.Isent you emails and talk toyou in person at several races and agree to sign a form not splash the boat. After talking to some of your boys up there was basically told it would not happen. I guess it has to do with the group of boaters i run withor something else only you know that! for the record its been 2 years or better. Eric B. and Mike H. ihave the up most respect for as boaters and people you are lucky to have friends like that , as for jerry we can hear the suction from here as you know it is sad that the hall of fame has become a poularity contest in recent years.jerry you are a fine man and boater far better that i will ever be! i find your reply just not right . as for me the people that know me know i tell it like it is! iam not mad or disgruntled just find your statement a little untrue. Vince Henderson dist 19 Calif.

Vince, you are out of line and way off base on the Hall of Fame comments. Do you know what the process is to get into the Hall of Fame? Do you know who votes? Do you know how much research and paperwork is involved to document the accomplishments of the person being nominated? Do you even know what accomplishments you need to qualify ?If it is just a "popularity contest" as you say then how in the heck would someone from District 8 get voted in? We are a small district that is dwarfed by District 19 in size and numbers. By the way I believe that your District nominated someone last year, by your statement they should have been voted in ,they were not.

Vince why the heck did you even go there? This thread was about Russ Stark trying to deceive his way into selling a boat that Alfred Lanza built. Did you even read it? I have always enjoyed racing with you and enjoyed your company at the Nationals but to hear you disparage the process of selecting the Hall of Fame is not something I am willing to sit hear and take. You say that you always "tell it like it is" then my friend you should get all the facts before you slap every living member of the Hall of Fame in the face by suggesting that they vote based on a popularity contest. You do know that the only people that vote are the existing Hall of Fame members?

As it seems to be human nature people like to read with blinders on and not look at the overall picture of something so to further help for people to understand i will put it like this! Eric again i have the utmost respect for you as a boater and a friend and appreciate your reply to this topic. My points are to two comments that where made: First that Mark has "never refused to sell a boat to anyone" which I said, is different than my own personal experience and what i know of some other boaters in our District. As for my own experience I am sure Mark will not disagree that I have not received the boat we talk about. Like he said, he doesn't build many boats, so they are hard to get with 99% of them going to G&M Models. Its been been at least two years maybe one will happen maybe it won't that will be up to Mark he makes a fine boat and it would of been nice to run one.

Second: About the Hall of Fame ,Jerry stuck in Mark's membership in the NAMBA Hall of fame to Mark's own posted list of accomplishments saying that Mark did more than just a minimal commitment to model boating to earn this recognition. i am sure he has and know he has but my point is being accepted into the Hall of Fame does not give anybody instant credability, or does it mean that person has not failed to deliver on a promise or a verbal agreement as money was not a problem.

Bring up the process of selection for the Hall of Fame I went to the NAMBA website where what should be the current rules posted. I looked up and down those rules, there is no place in there that says what the process is for submitting an application for Hall of Fame nomination. There is no place that discusses the selection process andwhat criteria must be met for someone to be voted on, how the voting works and all that. And yes i do know how much research and paper work is involved i have helped out with it before. what I am saying is that it seems that the nomination isn't made just on accomplishments. My own experience tells me that the personal feelings of the people May, get in the way but without published rules for nomination how would we know? Maybe this will help spark some change there.

No offense to any members of the Hall of Fame since several are friends, and one in particular is a close friend. No offense to you or Mark, or anybody else I'm just saying it is how it appears from the outside looking in.

vince henderson

Latest posts

Back