Mt. Vernon, IL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Willner

Supporting Member
When we cancelled the Mt. Vernon race, it was with respect to the internats. We appreciate what Seville did and we did not want to compete with them. It has recently come to my attention that theree is still wide spread interest in holding the Mt. Vernon race. There seems to be many of you who can't get off work for the week of the Internats and had made the decision to come to Mt. Vernon prior to the Internats changing locations. If you want to come to Mt. Vernon, please post on here how many boats you will bring. WE WILL MAKE A FINAL DECISION ABOUT THIS RACE IN 24 HOURS. Its up to you guys, if we have a respectable number of replies we will race. If your curious, we applied for our Mt. Vernon sanction in February. It is 418 miles straigt line distance from Seville to Mt. Vernon. It is not our intention to interfere in anyway with the Internats.

Thanks,

Ryan Hobby

Well, How many boats can you handle? Chuck, Alex, and I will be there. Each of us racing 2 boats. Phil is on the phone with me and says he will bring 5 boats. So, there is a start. I will check with some of the guys who dont get on here tomorrow. Ken

Ken

1/8 scale DSM

Sport 20 DSM

Chuck

1/8 scale CH 83

B Hydro DSM

Alex

B Mono CH 81

RTR DSM

Last edited by a moderator:
When we cancelled the Mt. Vernon race, it was with respect to the internats. We appreciate what Seville did and we did not want to compete with them. It has recently come to my attention that theree is still wide spread interest in holding the Mt. Vernon race. There seems to be many of you who can't get off work for the week of the Internats and had made the decision to come to Mt. Vernon prior to the Internats changing locations. If you want to come to Mt. Vernon, please post on here how many boats you will bring. WE WILL MAKE A FINAL DECISION ABOUT THIS RACE IN 24 HOURS. Its up to you guys, if we have a respectable number of replies we will race. If your curious, we applied for our Mt. Vernon sanction in February. It is 418 miles straigt line distance from Seville to Mt. Vernon. It is not our intention to interfere in anyway with the Internats.

Thanks,

Ryan Hobby
Also, please let us know what classes and freqs you will be bringing.

If you have already sent in your entry, please let us know if you are still coming.

DonB

Thanks,

Ryan Hobby
Also, please let us know what classes and freqs you will be bringing.

If you have already sent in your entry, please let us know if you are still coming.

DonB
I will be there with b Mono on 88 and d Mono on 88

i would still come.

B sport tunnel ch.77

B Mod Tunnel ch.77

D or open tunnel ch. 77

Sport 40 ch. 77

I need to know if this race is happening to make plans to be in town. Please let us know, and as always I looks like the Evansville Gang is above and beyond to try and please everyone. Thank RCRC your awesome!!!

B Schymik

Scale D tunnel Sport 40 all on 64

M Schymik

Sport 40 D tunnel b stock Tunnel all on 62

Good luck to the Internats and thanks to Seville. Can't get off of work on this short notice, wish it were otherwise.

Brian

Here is all the hotels in Mt.Vernon that I could find. You also can camp at the lake.

America's Best Inns 222 South 44th Street (618) 244-4343

America's Best Value Inn 405 South 44th Street (618) 244-3670

Comfort Suites 404 South 44th Street (618) 244-2700

Motel 6 333 South 44th Street (618) 244-2383

Red Roof Inn 222 South 44th Street (618) 242-1200

Super 8 Motel 401 South 44th Street (618) 242-8800

Buddy

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is all the hotels in Mt.Vernon that I could find. You also can camp at the lake.

America's Best Inns 222 South 44th Street (618) 244-4343

America's Best Value Inn 405 South 44th Street (618) 244-3670

Comfort Suites 404 South 44th Street (618) 244-2700

Motel 6 333 South 44th Street (618) 244-2383

Red Roof Inn 222 South 44th Street (618) 242-1200

Super 8 Motel 401 South 44th Street (618) 242-8800

Buddy

My cook and house keeper can'tmake this one, so I guess I stay at a motel.

Thanks

Randy

Guys,

I want to thank Mike and the crew for doing a Nobel thing in canceling their race in support off the 2009 International Regatta. But, we all know that due to the economy and short notice that some people just can not make it this year and they want some place to race. The Mt. Vernon race sounds like a great time and I hope you all have a fun race. People who know me, will tell you, Mike just loves to run his boats, and soon, I hope to make it down to your site.

Good luck and again thank you for your support,

Mike Laing

PMBC

Back