Mt. Vernon IL race October 12-13

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Results tomorrow if I can muster it.Butts a draggin. Thanks to all the boys n girls who attended this fun event. Good job on the spankin in scale Mike Z. Hey I led a tiny bit

Thanks to all for a great race. Sheila and I both had a great time. Im not sure we will be able to do another Oct race but we will see. This was one of the best "Layed Back" races I have been to in a LONG TIME! Great people and some realy fun racing.

Thanks Wes for pitting for me in Scale and Duke in S-40 and Phil in tunnel.

Truth is my scale is as good as they get. All I do is point it and it just seems to come home. Thank you Phil for building some GREAT boats!

Grimracer

1st Sport 40

1st 1/8th Scale

3rd B Sport Tunnel

I got 1st in 1/6 scale. Had a blast! 1/8 Scale was as tough as ever! I'm convinced that the best of the best always converge for these races. Duke's Miss Madison was fast as well as pretty! There were at least 10 scales that were separated by a little luck and skill only and NOT by speed!

I had a great time guys! Thanks so much for all the Evansville gang that worked so hard to put on this race. A special thanks to Charlie Muench who was either heading from the pits to the retrieve boat or vice versa as he coached a lot of people and ran the retrieve boat constantly. I really didn't run that well personally. The forty hydro had needle issues until the last heat. Chuck ran it the second day as we really had no points to speak of. It was funny watching him deal with a lean 40 hydro for the first time. The second time he ran it the needle was fixed and it was rolling trying to run down Rocky Will after Chuck jumped the start. It stuffed on the back stretch in rough water on like the fourth lap. I made the final, made a good first turn and fell off pipe on the back stretch due to a little to aggressive needle setting. haha. It was over from there for me as I brought it home alive in fourth.

Alex Hildreth showed patience this weekend not running as flat out as usual. Here is his results. RTR 2nd

B mono 2nd

Sport 20 1st

Open Mono 2nd

He got a lot of needed laps on a race course. My favorite heat of the day was in the Scale Concy, Ryan Hobby and Chuck Hildreth went deck to deck in a closely matched heat. On lap 5 no one still had any idea who would win. Chuck hit bouy two in a rare error by him. He is probably a little rusty as Owen (My grandson) is keeping him busy. But man, what a heat, it is the kind of heat that I come to the races hoping to have.

Thanks again Evansville for a great time.

Ken and Alex

I wanted to personally thank Charlie Muench for running the retrieve boat most of the weekend. It really helped out the club Charlie. Thanks

Hats off to Charlie, you were a busy man. Thanks! Great race and a very nice site. Hope to do this one again next year. Can't forget to thank Chuck for hitting that buoy to put me in the final. That was a great consi race, although Chuck you probably would have fared better in the final than I did. Amazing how competitive 1/8th scale has become...gotta love it. See you all next year.

Ryan

Hats off to Charlie, you were a busy man. Thanks! Great race and a very nice site. Hope to do this one again next year. Can't forget to thank Chuck for hitting that buoy to put me in the final. That was a great consi race, although Chuck you probably would have fared better in the final than I did. Amazing how competitive 1/8th scale has become...gotta love it. See you all next year.

Ryan
Lol! Just got on here for the first time since then. Your welcome, all the oberto fans were probably in disbelief lol. I gotta drive better next time. First time I hadnt made a final since driving the atlas.

Back