Mt. Vernon IL Oct 17-18

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some video on you tube

scale final https://youtu.be/NiSYDUjuTWc

Twin hydro https://youtu.be/9mKpeq24W3E

F Mono https://youtu.be/NKH8yQiGju4
WOW !!!!!!!
default_ohmy.png

So much for laying back on the start going into turn one. Who would have thunk a dead twin on buoy 1 upside down at the start?

I found it. Could not see dead boat through the prop wash.

I believe Rays boat is much worse than mine. Totally unfortunate situation.

I think we all wish there was a little more room on the front stretch past the start/finish to have a few more driving lanes. It did make for some super racing.

I watched Phil's video at lunch today. It looks like one of the fuel tanks had come out floated then sank when Ray blew off. The shiny tank was more visible for a split second than the boat. I probably reacted to that and moved over (as much as I could) and that put me on his boat.

Capture Mt Vernon Twin Crash-Floating Fuel Tank that sunk.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching the videos posted I totally agree with Chris. Short depth on the front straights, guys in the water launching boats near the oncoming boats, very small pit area and no safety fence to protect the racers. That spells disaster soon.

Guys, suggest the club rethink the course for safety, for everyone's benefit. Prevention is worth any injury.

Ray and I had a some great races this weekend. I'm sick about his boat getting torn up.

It was a little tight going into bouy 1. The course could be move out some next year.

The video shows what happened. Thanks Phil for Posting.

looks like a lot of boats torn up in the final heats........ Very Important for the Cds of the event to call the entire race. Not just the 1st 3 rounds.... its easy to let the starts slide and not call lane infractions? If you are not going to call the race the Entire 4 heats let someone else call the race that will....... it keeps it fair for everyone..... the Cds might have needed some experienced help calling the corners. Not Kids.......

I am glad we have a lot of Monday morning experts, front stretch was a little tight but plenty for 6 boat heats and lake got wider before turn 1. Of all race sights I have been at I liked this one the best, just an opinion.....only... As far as CDs they did a great job with the resources they had.....Can't wait to race there again...

I am glad we have a lot of Monday morning experts, front stretch was a little tight but plenty for 6 boat heats and lake got wider before turn 1. Of all race sights I have been at I liked this one the best, just an opinion.....only... As far as CDs they did a great job with the resources they had.....Can't wait to race there again...
There were a few missed calls, always are at any race. Joe don't hear Kenny constantly yelling "stay in your lane" HA.

Next time i too hope the course is set further out, they can put that course any where I'm sure It wasn't permanent .

There were a few missed calls, always are at any race. Joe don't hear Kenny constantly yelling "stay in your lane" HA.

Next time i too hope the course is set further out, they can put that course any where I'm sure It wasn't permanent .
Yes i do hear them call the race to the Start Line & then Not Much after the start...... **** Happens before the start & during the race... it is the CDs job if he is doing it to keep it fair for everyone racing... & try to get all running boats back to the Bank Safely....

I love the front stretch just the way it is...... ACTION UP FRONT.......

I thought Kenny did a GREAT job calling the race! There is another video on River City race club where you can hear him calling the dead boats numerous times.

Latest posts

Back