MRP Mach 1 Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Bear

A buddy of mine at work has an old MRP Mach 1 tunnel. It is in great shape with a new K&B 3.5 on it. It needs to be gone over, especially the rigging for the throttle and steering, but it's all there.

Anyone use these before? I know there probably not the most competitive hulls out there, just looking for something for one of the kids to get into.

Finally......What are they worth?

Thanks...........

Russell, That was my first boat in 1990. What a blast, got me hooked. Bought it new in box. New 3.5 k&b outboard. Ran gallons and gallons of 25%. Ahh the good old days. Can't remember what I paid for boat. Motor was about 90.00. Ray :D :D :D :D :D

There practical starter boats. If your used to racing balls to the walls it might bore you. I had one for years that I'd bring to the lake, I'd run it all day.

I'd say if the boats used rtr $$100 to $150.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I used to load everything in Jon boat and run from middle of lake. Do not try this at home, not safe. Used to run a kitchen timer to know how much fuel left. Lost radio one day flat out into huge boulder. What a shame. Great starter boat for child or 35 year old man. God I love this hobby. Ray B) B) B) B) B) B)

Thanks for the responses. The boat is in great shape but the hull and engine are the only things that can be used. Both servos are screwed and the pushrods were not in the best shape. The engine was locked up but I did get it apart and cleaned out. I had to steal a needle valve from another engine but it did start and seems to be strong. The bearings feel as if there in good shape. It is also painted black with what looks to be spray can quality paint. The fuel tank area is all gooey.

Looks like the original pot metal prop that was supplied with the engine is on it. What prop would be a good starter for it?

I figure I'll offer the guy $75 for it and get all the necessary parts to get it in shape.

I'll post pictures later.........

Also, I noticed a small turn fin that was in a bag full of.......well junk. Does it need to be mounted?

"Looks like the original pot metal prop that was supplied with the engine is on it. What prop would be a good starter for it?"

I could not get mine to run with this prop... I imagine a 215 or a x437 would be a good start.

I can take a picture of mine tonight. I have the fin in the location the directions called for.

riche said:
"Looks like the original pot metal prop that was supplied with the engine is on it. What prop would be a good starter for it?" I could not get mine to run with this prop... I imagine a 215 or a x437 would be a good start.

I can take a picture of mine tonight. I have the fin in the location the directions called for.

100210[/snapback]

I do have the directions, but it does not give details on the turn fin placement. What is the measurement from the transom?

Thanks......

Russell Bear said:
riche said:
"Looks like the original pot metal prop that was supplied with the engine is on it. What prop would be a good starter for it?" I could not get mine to run with this prop... I imagine a 215 or a x437 would be a good start.

100210[/snapback]

I do have the directions, but it does not give details on the turn fin placement. What is the measurement from the transom?

Thanks......

100212[/snapback]

I don't have the directions anymore. I was 13 when I got the boat. I am blowing cobwebs out but I thought somewere in the directions it showed a picture and referenced the steps on the hull. I don't remember anything about a dimension.

Working late tonight... I will try to get a pic up soon.

****, wouldn't you know it. I had the MRP directions laying around in my drawer for 9 years and now I can't find it. If I recall the trail end of the turn fin was 4 inches from the rear transom.

I'll look for them later. But I do recommend you use it to prevent barrel rolls in the turns.

Mach 1 pics

O.K. there is the picture in my Gallery. Keep in mind I was 13 (30 now) trying to read the directions by myself. I could never stop the boat from bouncing in the strait so I gave up on it. I built a wof 28 not to long ago dusted on the 3.5 from the mach 1 and I found out how nice it was to see a boat ride smooth in the straits. The dim. I got was 7 3/4" I can't say it is right but I never had a problem turning with it. it was only in the straits. Hopefully rcboats2 can help you if he has the directions.

Good luck

Richard

riche said:
Mach 1 pics
O.K. there is the picture in my Gallery. Keep in mind I was 13 (30 now) trying to read the directions by myself. I could never stop the boat from bouncing in the strait so I gave up on it. I built a wof 28 not to long ago dusted on the 3.5 from the mach 1 and I found out how nice it was to see a boat ride smooth in the straits. The dim. I got was 7 3/4" I can't say it is right but I never had a problem turning with it. it was only in the straits. Hopefully rcboats2 can help you if he has the directions.

Good luck

Richard

100267[/snapback]

Thanks Richard......

Latest posts

Back