Motor I.D.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron B

I have an old ops engine im putting in . Its an older gold head but with still alot of compression. The only numbers are on the back and are 666. Is this the .65 or the .67 ? Anyone ever run this engine? :unsure:

If it's the gold head with water cooling jacket below as a ring below the gold head it's a 65

And yes I ran one for years in a scale boat

All of the 67 internal parts will fit it, the heads (combustion chambers) are diffent.

They do run well, but in my opinion will not hang with a CMB green head.

You can change exh. timing, flow the intake & boost ports, skirt the intake side of the piston and get it to breath alittle better and make it better.

And as Terry says, look for a aftermarket rod Aeromarine was making them, and some on here are making stronger aftermarket rods (stock rods ARE the week link)

drill out the carb spary bar with a #53 drill bit, stock will not flow enough fuel.

Rick Bellinger

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats exactly what it looks like with the gold head and a cooling ring. I couldnt find any info on the web on it. Let me ask this though. If Class "E" is 0.459 to 0.670 and class "F" is 0.671 to 1.830, Wouldnt this engine run with the E class (seems a little unfair to run it with the .45,s ) or woud it be worth it to order the new .67 parts and run it with the .67,s ?

Thats exactly what it looks like with the gold head and a cooling ring. I couldnt find any info on the web on it. Let me ask this though. If Class "E" is 0.459 to 0.670 and class "F" is 0.671 to 1.830, Wouldnt this engine run with the E class (seems a little unfair to run it with the .45,s ) or woud it be worth it to order the new .67 parts and run it with the .67,s ?
E class is where the 67s run. 45s run on class D which is below .459 and just above a .21.

Latest posts

Back