MORE STORMS VIDS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the video of shawn it says its a vision????????

Any how, nice vid. Thanks for posting them so others can see what they missed.

Ronald

Man, I hate watching that Mod VP boat run. If I could get that D@#m hopping out of it I might have something.
Add some rocker into the center sponson toward the last have of the boat. that's the trick we learned, now she just sits there with the nose in the air.

Man, I hate watching that Mod VP boat run. If I could get that D@#m hopping out of it I might have something.
Add some rocker into the center sponson toward the last have of the boat. that's the trick we learned, now she just sits there with the nose in the air.
Can you clarify when you say Rocker Andy ? And thats done on the pad itself ?

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy,

Where yours stops, extend it all the way back, but shallow it up from the start point to the rear edge. I think...... :blink: Then pull those darn tabs off it!

Start at the midships.... and run the center pod at an angle where it shallows itself to the outside sponsons.... beware not the go higher than the outside sponsons. the center sponson on these Mod-vp generates most of the running surface lift. if it has too straight of a run in orentation to outside sponsons the boat will bounce. example on my boat the center pod is deeper in the middle of the boat then at the tail... allows it to get some angle at high speeds..

(" rocks back on the center pad")

Start at the midships.... and run the center pod at an angle where it shallows itself to the outside sponsons.... beware not the go higher than the outside sponsons. the center sponson on these Mod-vp generates most of the running surface lift. if it has too straight of a run in orentation to outside sponsons the boat will bounce. example on my boat the center pod is deeper in the middle of the boat then at the tail... allows it to get some angle at high speeds..

(" rocks back on the center pad")
wink.gif
Got it .

Im gonna try and get my motor a little higher first , then trim and props before I go that far. Just like Shawn says, if I could loose the hop it would be golden.
rolleyes.gif

Me, Mark and Mike had some conversation after the race about turning improvements also - but thats classified
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Randy If you wanna fill the holes , I will loose the tabs- they are passengers anyway. maybe
smile.gif

I think my temporary fix Sat night before Sundays heats proved there is a lot to learn........

The beauty is, its a hell of a lot cheaper to test than an X-Mono.

Andy

drew, you're beginning to understand my love of .21 ob's. 4 oz. a heat ain't bad, huh ;) . don't come much cheaper that high up on the fun scale, imo.

Robin,

Andy has seen the light.What we are hoping is by the time the WTC rolls around, we have got it clicking. Just curious, how would this class fly as FE, using P-spec numbers?

Watching him put a 3/4 full jug of fuel back in the jeep after a day of racing, when usually a empty goes in the trash barrel, PRICELESS!

drew, you're beginning to understand my love of .21 ob's. 4 oz. a heat ain't bad, huh ;) . don't come much cheaper that high up on the fun scale, imo.
A Big Block CMB will always be in my stable Robin
cool.gif

But yes, Im starting to see the fun factor again in the smaller stuff .

In a round about way , Im hoping the wife doesn't want to run her new 20 mono
tongue.gif

It's been sitting here a week or so begging me to run it
ph34r.gif

Randy, I cant tell you the last time I came home with fuel and had a decent weekend
blink.gif

The wife used to judge how well we did when I walked in the door by the amount of fuel left over
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

Andy

randy, fe stuff might actually have a slight advantage, by better weight distribution..... we've been combining fe with nitro in both impba sport 20 tunnel (p spec), & .20 hydro. a fe jae won 20 hydro for the season, but not by a landslide. tim jones slipped by me with his sgx at thge last race & i got 3rd overall for the season with my ob sundowner. i say let 'em run, been working very well this season up here in d-12. easier adding boats to existing classes, than creating classes, imho. same for ob mono's, bring 'em on!!

drew, i can run 3 boats, 4 at the wtc all year - 7 race weekends on a case of fuel, add maybe 2 gal. more for testing B) ........too much travel up here for me to race & run big blocks, 21's are what i do (& can afford). out of those 7, only 2 are "home" races, & 2 are trips to chuckytown. as long as i can pay the light bill, i'll be at the pond!!!!

Of the different size boats that ive run through the years, i still like just about any 20 boat the best..O.B., Mono, Hydro....Sport 20 hydro was really my FAVORITE class but sadly, it died here..at least for now....maybe with a little SMACK talk, who knows? :)

Of the different size boats that ive run through the years, i still like just about any 20 boat the best..O.B., Mono, Hydro....Sport 20 hydro was really my FAVORITE class but sadly, it died here..at least for now....maybe with a little SMACK talk, who knows? :)
If you can build it - hint hint
rolleyes.gif

( I cant build pretty Bill, we all know that .........)

I could race it , and Im certain I have the smack
tongue.gif

Andy

If you can build it - hint hint
rolleyes.gif

( I cant build pretty Bill, we all know that .........)

I could race it , and Im certain I have the smack
tongue.gif

Andy
Andy, remember the AC/DC song "Shes got the Jack"??....Your version would be....HE'S GOT THE SMACK" :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back