more sport 20 ???'s

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CySlyde

Ok i've been checking out a few other boards, and they have mentioned needing to add weight to the front of the Boat to get it to run right.. has anybody else found this true? I plan on running a OPS .21 Side Exhaust, if this helps out any

any comments on this grim?

Cy

Yea its not a bad idea to jack a little weight up front. We have used as much as 10 oz under the front of the tunnel and that seems to work quite well.

Bottom line.. The prop is going to have a huge impact on the ride of the hull. The CG is also important but we have yet to settle on its exact location.

In our testing we have found the 1740 to be the best for our setups but a cupped 1640 is also a prop that works well. The low lift props do not seem to work anywhere as nice as the above, but its all setup..

Props we tested.

1740 (best general heat racing prop)

1740/3

1640 (next best heat racing prop, with cupping mods)

1.6/3

1938 (56mph) fastest in SAW

X-440

X-442

X-640

JG-RG-25

H2 (dam fast but likes a lot of motor)

H4

Grim

thanx grim.. that prop info is really helpfull to. much appreciated all the help

like i told you my dads boat needs alot of weight. it is just too active on the water. i belive that you need to add alot of weight to the hydros to have them run without blowing over. a guy in our club had a sport 40 that weighed about 26 pounds and it was the fastest boat around that thing was untouchable even could keep up with the 1/8 scales and it always finished races because it would never ever blow over :unsure:

I have a flat bottom strut that I had planned on using to help. I do not know a whole lot about hydros so hope this is ok. I am also using a OPS .21, it fits in the boat with no problems and I had a couple laying around. Also thanks for all the prop info.

Bob :)

I am building one with rubber mounts that will mount to the bottom of the boat.

Bob

Back