more off topic

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"And don't blame the schools, thier hands are tied by all the lawyers & bleeding heart liberals. Fixing this starts in the home, parents need to look no further than the mirror........."

Exactly right Don. In my book a teacher and being a parent is the most important responsibility of all. I believe teachers should be paid much more than they do but I also think they should be held to a higher standard than they are. After all they spend more time with our kids than most parents and they are molding our kid's future while leaving a lasting impression. While I'm often an a$$ on this forum, as a parent, I consider my responsibility to them to be pinicle and ultimately what I will be judged by.

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest problem with our society right now is the mentality of a lot of parents, when you say,"Spare the rod spoil the child", you mention that to a lot of then in the 25-35 age group and they say "my old man or old lady used to slap me or hit me if I looked at them wrong and I'm not putting my child through that". Well I must say now that I am older and wiser, every whipping I ever got from Mom or Dad I fully deserved, my parents weren't drunks or dope attics, they were the average American couple bringing up 4 kids on one paycheck, we didn't go hungry, we had decent clothes, we got an allowance if we deserved it and did our chores around the house. Now days you ask a kid to help you to do something and they look at you like "are you talking to me?". If they don't get this kind of clothes or that kind of phone, or listen to this kind of music, they pitch a fit and eventually become uncontrollable, I see that in a few of my neighbors kids every day, 13-16 year olds that walk down the street with cigarettes, thinking they are really something. When their parents find out they are smoking and acting like they own the neigborhood, they say "Oh no not my little Jimmy or Sally, they wouldn't do that! ! ! You show them a closeup on video and when they confront the kid he threatens to kick their ass if they touch him. My belief is if you need a good old fashion whippin you should get it "like it not". You see young children in super markets, stores & restarants with their parents pitching fits because they can't have something they want, can't live without it crying, screaming their lungs out to attrack attention to Mom or Dad, and do they care whom they embarrase, hell no they don't as long as they get their way and what they want. I really don't want to see what the world is going to be like, if there is even one to live in 50 years form now, not with what is coming up in the world today. Yes there are a lot of good mannered kids out there today, but for every good one there are 10 that are being brought up without parential control of any shape or form, most parents just don't care, and neither does our education system. Nuff said.............just an old fart blowing off some steam...... :lol:

It was still **** funny to see Ron Ballin'fo shnizzle.... :lol:

However, after reading 5 - 6 lines it gets old and shows you how pathetic it gets after awhile. I had to go to crappy public schools in San Francisco and heard crap like that all my life. I remeber in the early 90's Oakland California tried to add Ebonics to their curriculum stating itwould now give African - American students a fair playing field to compete with White kids.....funny $h*t.. :lol: :lol:

Me, I choose Catholic school for my kids....no B.S. there, the nuns that run the school are STRICT!

missbudpilot55,, Bill , i could have wrote that myself, practically word for word.

My family history is similar to yours, 4 kids, good parents and we all had daily

chores. To make the home run I had my part,,after school, get enough fire wood

on the porch for a night thru the next day, get the fire going again. If I didn't do

it, there was a price to pay,, And You Knew IT.

My dad was a "timber faller", he made money like doctors and plumbers of the day,

He was a Great Man and he was firm, taught us how to fend for ourselves, kill and dress

our own game,, it was a Wonderful Life for sure.

Your words Bill just got me goin',,,Thank's :)

You see young children in super markets, stores & restarants with their parents pitching fits because they can't have something they want, can't live without it crying, screaming their lungs out to attrack attention to Mom or Dad, and do they care whom they embarrase, hell no they don't as long as they get their way and what they want.
But you also have to realize the 'bleedin' hearts' have made impossible to reprimand your children in a public place for fear of CPS meeting you at the exit saying "Follow me please."

In many, if not most, cases, it is not miseducation, it's choice.
WORD!! (sorry B) )

I remeber in the early 90's Oakland California tried to add Ebonics to their curriculum stating itwould now give African - American students a fair playing field to compete with White kids...
Is there a problem learning English? I mean, this is America, right?

You see young children in super markets, stores & restarants with their parents pitching fits because they can't have something they want, can't live without it crying, screaming their lungs out to attrack attention to Mom or Dad, and do they care whom they embarrase, hell no they don't as long as they get their way and what they want.
But you also have to realize the 'bleedin' hearts' have made impossible to reprimand your children in a public place for fear of CPS meeting you at the exit saying "Follow me please."
Really? I've done it to mine. However, because she also gets "reprimanded" at home, she's pretty much learned to recognize the clues that mommy and daddy give that are leading up to a "reprimand". Mommy and daddy agreed from the start that our lives would be much easier, and our child would be happier, if boundaries were set. When she is misbehaving she gets increasingly stern action until the behaviour stops. She has pretty much figured out that it's best to stop on the first or second warning because she doesn't like the ones that follow. Pretty smart for a kid that's not even 3 yet. :)

There's some real interesting reading here. A topic I could go on about all day for sure.

Here's a couple of things to think about. "50% of all marriages today end in divorce". What does that statement say for our kids? What are their chances knowing that half of them are going to be brought up by someone elses daddy? Now don't get all pissed with me and tell me you're the perfect single parent. I'm sure there all kinds of great single parents out there. However, in my opinion there's nothing better than a well functioning family with both of you living in the same house. It just works...

I don't know the stat here but... What about all the women today that get pregnant without any sort of family planning. Even with the birth control today. What's up with that? I'm sure that covers another 25%.

Now you have the last 25% that are brought up by people like you and me. People that might think they have it all figured out. You know, people that think the only way to disipline children is to give them "time out". Don't get me wrong on that one. I believe it's useless myself.

I'll leave it at that for now...

Ron

[

Lots of people think the "time out" thing is new... no way... How many of you had to go sit in the corner when you got in trouble? I think all the kids are different. Some resond to that type of punishment, some don't.

It's interesting watching where this thread is going. I see a lot of venting from you guys and understand all of it.

I've got a son, I'm on my second wife and the school system around here sucks.

The bottom line is that I owe Don big-time for this! :lol:

All I gotta say is if Rons Dark side is in any proximity to his Damp side, Im outta here!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea we need to get a Zing'r on Don fer sure :p

Gener B)

It's interesting watching where this thread is going. I see a lot of venting from you guys and understand all of it.

I've got a son, I'm on my second wife and the school system around here sucks.

The bottom line is that I owe Don big-time for this! :lol:
You keep talking like that Ron and you'll have no hope of ever joining back with the human race....... I'd have better luck understanding morse code.... ..--.. .-.-..- ..- -. -. -.- .-. -.--.-.-.-.-.- .- .-.-. - ???????? ;) :unsure:

Back