MOD-VP HEAT 4 (THE BEST ONE)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANDY MASON

HEAT 4 OF THE MOD-VPS

START POSTING 20 TUNNELS SOON

Last edited by a moderator:
TOTALLY AWESOME -

Thanks for posting that .

That had to have been the most PURE FUN I have EVER had racing boats and only placing 2nd
wink.gif
, if you couldnt tell by the background voices, I couldnt get Poole in the last turn and Junker was dragging a weed and **** near ran me down- it was a drag race to the line on the last lap for first looser.

That was the best heat and not because I won it but because of what went on behind me! I have learned not to take my eyes off my boat because bad things happen when I do. But I heard all of the laughing and yelling around me. All I know is Mikes boat flipped and righted itself and kept going. Then there was a mad dash for second place at the finish line. I was taking it easy around the corners because the wind had picked up but standing on it down the straights trying to hold off the wolves! It was fun.

Thanks to the Brandon pond for the Pine Needles
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I cant wait for 2011 and rd 1 of ModVP
cool.gif

The more I look at that the more it looks like Mikes boat hit something, maybe glanced a turtle making it jump to the right like that.

That heat is a perfect example of how fun the boats are. I did not have the fastest boat but nailing the start and staying tight made the others play catch up. If it had been a 7 lap race this one would have been a real dog fight to the finish!

I'm working on my new one now!!!! I can't watch anymore.. Its time to get in the mix.. Watch out :ph34r: gonna be a few new changes to the longboards.. Mark is right they are a blast to watch.

I didn't even race and I was wore out after that one !!!! What a blast . Racing is all about having evenly matched equipment for excitement !! Good job guys !

YUP, it was killer.

And I had the best seat IN THE HOUSE, calling the race. Its amazing how fast the boats have become since the first Smack-Talk shootout at Walterboro. Andy and Chris have really built a unique boat, a cross between a Allison and one of Pipkorn's HydroStreams.

Just when it would settle down, the wind would become the X factor, take the eyes off for a second..... :blink:

They are doing a LOT better Randy. If I would have had my current boat in '04 I would have really caused a stir! :eek: :lol:

All of the boats are gettin better, its cool because it will keep everyone on their toes. That was our second race with the boat and learned a couple of new tricks. We'll keep trying until its stays up front, just like everyone else.... A couple more years and they will look like 20 boats out there. I'm already conceiving my Allison version of a Mod-vp mono... might be competive in the rough stuff or wind. My dad had a XR 2002 when were kids... thats my favorite boat of all time,,,, I would very much like to have it back.

Latest posts

Back