Mod Vp @ Brandon

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, get Andy to CNC your Allison at 30 inches and join us. Just leave the trolling motor off of the bow!!!

Team Johnson will be king in model Mod-VP :lol: :lol:

(Smack)

King of what, burnt pistons :p Mark do you think your going to make to the Brandon race in March, could be fun. Their will be at least two new boats out of are stable this year.

Hey Andy, how are those engine cowlings coming along?. These boats would look cool if we all ran them. You omc lovers could just get a square white box and it would work fine for you :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy, my experience with the pad all the way back was the boat was faster but would get real loose halfway down the straight. If you like what extending the pad back does, then do what I did to my new boat and step notch the transom 5/16". This will settle the boat down a hair and make it set better in the corners.
Mark the pad extension helped settle the boat some , but it still has some hop. Really made no change as far as it being more loose on the straights, but you really had to make sure you set the boat well, or it wouldnt turn decent. I will try the 5/16 notch and go from there. Overall Im not unhappy with it at all, here is a short video of what you guys get to chase this year- in the breeze at Brandon today.

Comments welcome......

Andy

I have merc cowls that I'm working on..... they are down the list of things to do... I'll have them sooner or later.. I just need to know what mark would like them to say on the back..... since thats what he'll be looking at :p Does the 1 inch pad rule apply to monos? It may not end up even having one, but I'm going to try first..

Andy,

The 1 inch pad rule really doesn't come into play on a mono. Actually calling it a pad rule in also inacurate since all that is required is a minimum of a 1 inch wide cross setional area below the line drawn across the sponsons. Could be narrower if the "V" or supporting pod was deep enough to create th 1 inch wide at that line. Since a straight mono has no sponsons any pad width is legal. My experience with a pad has been good so far as it adds a keel for cornering. It also lifts the rear of the hull making it harder to fly it nose high. Cutting the last inch or so helps there. Love to see what you guys have in mind for an "Allison" as that's one of my favorite boats.

Mic

Andy the boat looks great in that vid. Roostertail looks nice and low. If notching the transom does not work well for you on that boat you can always just fill it back in.

A Johnson burn a piston? Never! Burn all six? Yeah! :eek:

I'll put a cowling on my motor, while it's running, if is not a pain in the rear and does not get in the way of stuff.

My cowl will have to be pretty big to fit all those words on the back....Bye Andy(s) Bye Mic, Bye Steve, Bye Shawn. Actually I don't care who wins as I know it will be a blast. :lol:

The mono I have now is alittle generic.... if it seems to do well.... it will be retooled..... I always loved the 16 allisons and GT 20s... I'll go in that direction style wise....... Inline 6 merc xs mini cowl.... retro B)

The mono I have now is alittle generic.... if it seems to do well.... it will be retooled..... I always loved the 16 allisons and GT 20s... I'll go in that direction style wise....... Inline 6 merc xs mini cowl.... retro B)
My buddy in Sanford has an easily restorable single seater GT - 20 for 1000.00 on a trailer no engine

My buddy in Sanford has an easily restorsable single seater GT - 20 for 1000.00 on a trailer no engine
I'd like to talk about that... You think is interested in any trades???

sanford, lake monroe. lord i spent some serious hours on that lake with a 14' lone star running a 55 chrysler (see, mark i knew them back then). went to school at the old sanford naval academy for 3 years back in the late 60's. short hop up the st. johns river to blue springs long before it was a state park. all girls school right across the lake, next to the power plant. those were some fun times B) !! not sure if i traveled more miles in the lone star or at rowing practice in the 8 man shell crew team.

Okay , back on track here
rolleyes.gif

Who's in for Mod VP at STORM and Brandon ??

Lets get a list -

Andy

Okay , back on track here
rolleyes.gif

Who's in for Mod VP at STORM and Brandon ??

Lets get a list -

Andy
sorry drew, i do still miss florida, even if i couldn't deal with the heat & humidity. this stuff just brings back good memories B) !

Latest posts

Back