Miss Vernors - Did it run with engine cowl on?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschigoda

Does anyone know if the pickle fork Miss Vernors ever competed or qualified with the engine cowl on?

Doe anyone have photo of it that I could look at?

Thanks!

Dave

Hey Dave, No, I do not believe that the U-64 Vernors ever raced with a full cowl on the hull.

John Borden races the only 1/8th Scale I know of from his own Lonestar Model Boats. The cowl he runs is a one piece that he made up using a front and rear cowl with the Dummy engine cast into the center section, supported by a 1/2 clyinder between thr front and rear cowls to engine block - to hold everything together - - a neat rig @ [email protected]. CHEERS !!! Bob

I don't think it ran with a full cowl. I have some pictures. Email me and I can send some to you. Cann't get them to upload.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember researching this for someone else some time ago and I checked what video footage I have from 76 and it never appeared in any of the races I had with a full cowl.

i have some pictures of the real hull, it was at at local boat race,as a display

norm

Back